When connecting to HANA online option from Lumria the package level security applied in HANA is not getting reflected, It display all the packages in HANA system.
Step1: Create HANA user
Create a HANA user in HANA studio for Example CHARI
Step2: Assign specific privileges to the HANA user
In the system privileges tab:
- Verify if _SYS_B_CP_ALL Analytic Privilege is assigned at CHARI user role; if assigned already, then remove it, as by default it will show all the views from HANA.
- Create a specific Analytical privilege on “Lumira” package in HANA by selecting the Lumira package -> right click ->new Analytical privilege.
- Include the view objects in it.
- Assign the Analytic privilege object (the one you have created) in the user’s Analytic Privilege tab.
- Grant “Execute” privilege for the procedure object “REPOSITARY_REST”.
- Select the specific package privilege for the user
- Click on save and activate
Step3: Test the user from SAP Lumira
- Now log in to HANA from Lumira.From “File” menu create a new dataset by clicking on “New” .
- Select “Connect to SAP HANA” option
- Provide user id and pw
- You will see only the objects you are authorized to view from HANA