Simple method to reconcile BPC data to a source system
Does this apply to you?..
- You load transaction data into BPC NW Standard
- You wonder if the data reconciles to your source syste
The age-old question is: How can I reconcile my data in BPC to the source?
In the rapid-deployment/best practice solution area, we have deployed a simple, repeatable method to reconcile data between BPC and a source system. This method is deployed inside the SAP Extended Financial Planning rapid-deployment solution
What is the secret?
Best practice method is to:
- Find a report in source system that displays the source data (e.g. FC10 in SAP ERP)
- Build a BPC report in same format to display the same data at the destination in BPC
- Compare the amounts in your new BPC report to the amounts from a similar report in your source system
It really is that easy! It is repeatable! It is simple!
SAP offers a free, no-charge solution for integregating BPC – to SAP ERP, S/4HANA On-Premise, and S/4HANA Cloud – in the G/L Financial Planning module of the Extended Financial Planning Rapid-deployment solution. SAP has an working version of a BPC to ERO reconciliation report in PLANNING_SHELL=>PLANNING=>WEBEXCEL\REPORTLIBRARY\30 ECC RECONCILIATION.XLTX