SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform is now generally available!
Lumira server for BI platform is now generally available!
This is the native integration of Lumira content (lums files) with the SAP Business Objects BI platform, allowing you to save lumira documents to the BI platform, where they can be viewed, edited and refreshed from the BI Launchpad.
So the supported workflows for the initial relase will be as follows:-
- Create a Lumira Document in Lumira Desktop
- Save the Lumira document to Lumira, server for BI Platform
- Open, Edit, Refresh & Save the document in the browser through BI launchpad
- Scheduling of Lumira Documents based on UNX queries
- Trusted Data Discovery
- Trusted Data sources
- Access Control of Lumira Desktop
- Basic auditing of Lumira Documents
Lumira documents can now be managed in the same way as any other content on the BI platform, in folders with rights set at the appropriate level.
The initial scope of this release includes the following:-
Data source refresh
- XLS / CSV / TXT Data sources
- FHSQL support
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2012
- Generic JDBC
- Oracle 11
- Universe Support .unx via Data Access Extensions
- View content in Story Viewer
- Edit: Create Visualization & Stories
- Refresh of initially supported sources
- Save / Save As of documents
- Distributed deployment
- Clustering of Lumira Servers
- Scheduling of Lumira Documents based on .unx
- ESRI Support
Trusted Data Discovery (TDD)
- Lumira Desktop access level control (SP5 Patch 3)
In the past there was a previous integration available for the SAP Business Objects BI platform. This release completely replaces any prior integration and dependencies. For further information on the prior integration and its replacement see the following post.