TRM Integration with Public Sector Management was presented in EHP4.
In order to use it we need to activate some business functions. There are also dependency with other business function which were presented in earlier EHP.
We need to active FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION business functions and all preceding business functions.
Check table below with Business function up to EHP4. Dependency for FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION business function is marked with green. We need to activate all of them.
For business function activation we use tr. SFW5.
tr. SFW5 -> ENTERPRISE_EXTENSIONS -> check EA-FS and EA-PS extensions if they are activated.
tr. SFW5 -> ENTERPRISE_BUSINESS_FUNCTIONS -> …
In order to activate business function – put a checkmark in “Planned status” field direct next to business function you need to activate and press “Activate Changes”.
The next window will tell you that Job was started. Job means the activation is started in background.
To check the status of job go to tr. SM37, click “Execute” button.
You’ll see your jobs with statuses and Duration it works. To update the status – press “Refresh” button.
To check why you have red Canceled status – check Job logs.
Another possibility to check what went wrong with activation is to use “Display activation error” button in tr. SFW5
Check activation of FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION. And if it is not yet activated – just activate it just like FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN business function.
Sometimes if you try to activate business function, you might get some helpfull tips. It meens that you have to activate FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN_2 first and only then FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN_3 business function.
Usually that’s all for component activation, but not in case of FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION. We need to make some other configuration in order to active complete integration.
To enable the Transaction Manager to differentiate between the fund and grant positions, you need to make the following settings in Customizing for the Transaction Manager:
- IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Accounting -> Settings for Position Management -> Define and Assign Differentiations (tr. SM34 -> DIFX_DIFFERENT)
Define differentiation. Just type some text to define differentiation and select it.
Move to “Assign terms” node and enter: FD for funds and GR for grants.
Then don’t forget to assign differentiation to Valuation area and Accounting code. And save settings.
That’s it! This is basic settings for setting PSM – TRM integration.
Now you are able
- to use Fund and Grant fields on “Administration” tab in your transaction.
- assign a money market and securities transaction to various funds and grants at “Cash flow” tab.
- Funds Transfer: For the majority of product types in the Transaction Manager, it is possible to transfer funds. The funds transfer enables you to transfer a position from a fund or grant to another fund or grant. In the Money Market and Securities areas, you can also transfer parts of a position. Unlike the securities account transfer or valuation class transfer, the funds transfer enables you to specify both the number of units and the value of the position to be transferred. If the funds are not transferred at the book value of the position, price/rate gains and losses may be incurred. The system ensures that the transfer does not affect profit or loss for the relevant company code and that the position components are transferred porportionally to the target position.
- Invesment Pool Participants and Investment Pools: Investment pools are usually set up to group the financial resources of multiple investment pool participants, which can then be invested in this form in the capital market. This realizes higher returns and simultaneously reduces administration costs. Investment pools and investment pool participants are represented in the system by a fund or a combination of a fund and grant. The investment made by a participant in an investment pool is mapped in the system using certificates purchased by the investment pool participant and certificates issues by the investment pool. The certificate needs to be created as a security in the Investment Certificate category. You can generate these financial transactions automatically. You can also delete generated transactions at any time. The transactions can be displayed with their structure characteristics in an overview. A BAdI is also available with which you can change the transaction conditions.
- The standard reporting for the logical databases and the position list (transaction TPM12), flow list (transaction TPM13), and posting journal (TPM20) includes the account assignment elements from SAP Public Sector Management.
How to use Fund and Grant fields – read other articles about PSM-TRM integration (TRM-PSM integration (Index)) or help.sap.com Integration of SAP Public Sector Management (PSM) – SAP Library
There are some other steps for activation integration, you can read about them in documentation for FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION business function (links below). But in most cases basic steps is enough.