When I played Rugby back in the day, If I was running with the ball and there was one of my teammates on the outside ready to turn the corner and score a try, they would yell out “I’M WITH YOU!”
As you and I get ready for a great week next week at Sapphire – I want to ask you this question: “WHO’s WITH ME?” The HANA Platform and the HANA Cloud Platform teams have put together an awesome agenda and a comprehensive set of content for Sapphire, and we want you to come along with us. For the HANA Platform and HANA Cloud Platform, there will be:
- 15 customer theater presentations, from marquis brands such as Coca Cola, Under Armor, Lockheed Martin, Schlumberger, Siemens and others.
- 4 customer panels, one hosted by Steve Lucas and one by Irfan Khan
- 46 Microforums, discussing everything from HANA Best Practices, to How to get up and running with BW on HANA, to the value of extending your applications with SAP’s PaaS offering (HCP)
- 63 Demo Theaters, from Dynamic Tiering to IoT to Big data to hybrid cloud to cloud extensions and more
- 19 demo stations, with HANA experts ready to “show and tell” all kinds of cool things HANA and the HANA Cloud Platform can do for your business
If you want to join me for my personal session participation (WHO’S WITH ME?), I will have a few things going on my agenda where you can join me:
- Tuesday 12:30-1:30pm (BI12324): The HANA Platform Roadmap session. I am fortunate to be co-presenting with Mike Eacrett, SAP VP of HANA Product Management
- Tuesday 1:30-2pm (SID 20299): Join Craig Parker from Genband revolutionized their customers experience with the HANA Cloud Platform
- Tuesday 4:30-5pm: Come join me in the SUSE booth as we discuss ways SAP and SUSE will help you migrate off of Oracle (boo!) onto an SAP database (yea!)
- Wednesday 11-11:45am (PT20275): Hear from Cisco and from SAP consultants how you can chooses an optimal use case for your company to get started with HANA.
- Wednesday 4:30-5pm (PT20258): Theater session with Lockheed Martin’s Stephan Gerali to understand how HANA is helping Lockheed Martin innovate
- Thursday 8-9am (RT1630): Dialog and Q&A with the HANA Innovation Award Winners. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from customers who have transformed their business with HANA
- Thursday 5pm-5:30pm (SID 20301): Enjoy Prakash Darji, GM of our HCP unit, discuss HCP success with three customers in an interactive panel discussion
Over and above my sessions, I want to invite you to join me at two very special events (WHO’s WITH ME?):
- HANA Innovation Awards celebration (Tuesday night, 6:30pm, Orlando Hilton): Come celebrate with us as we recognize top customers using HANA to simplify, accelerate and innovate their businesses. Tuesday evening in the Orlando Ballroom at the Orlando Hilton (Across the street from the Convention Center). Everyone who attends gets the new Hasso Plattner/Bernd Leukert book, and another special giveaway. Reserve your spot now by sending an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HANA Cloud Ice Breaker Reception (Wednesday night, 6:30pm, Minus5 Ice Bar): Chill out at the Minus5 Ice Bar and mingle with SAP HCP and other SAP Cloud customers. Don’t know much about SAP’s cloud initiatives? Find out at the Ice Bar on Wed night.
I’m looking forward to finding out WHO’S WITH ME? in my activities in Orlando at Sapphire. Together we will score a try!!!
As an added bonus, just as I believe HANA is the greatest in-memory data management and application platform ever, in my humble opinion this is the greatest Rugby Try ever scored: 1973 New Zealand vs. Barbarians (Gareth Edwards). What is your opinion – about HANA and about the greatest Rugby try?