Improved Log File for Software Provisioning Manager
A very warm welcome to all technical experts and users of the Software Provisioning Manager!
To increase the supportability of processes performed with Software Provisioning Manager, the log file sapinst_dev.log was improved, based on received feedback, as outlined in this blog.
What are the main changes seen here?
- The entry offers a more compact view, with only one header line
- The effective user/group is traced on each line (only listed generically as <Domain>\<User> in the example screenshot above, but I hope you get the idea 🙂 )
- Useless details got removed, while the information about the used libraries in the example above (lib=syslib module=syslib) is just one sample – overall, a lot of useless traces could just be taken out
In addition, the following improvements were realized:
- The log file now also traces the exact path of the provisioning service as you had selected it on the Welcome screen in the tool – for example:
- Finally, Software Provisioning Manager traces the CD labels that it found:
Overall, we hope that all these small changes make the overall handling of Software Provisioning Manager – especially in the case of issues – easier for you.
The shown improvements are made available with SAPinst 720-2 patch 2015.04 (for more information, see SAP Note 1548438), which is part of Software Logistics 1.0 SPS13.
Thoughts for further improvements? Please submit an idea in our Software Logistics space in SAP Idea Place under the category Solution Implementation.