Delegating multiple values selected in design studio dashboard filter panel to Webi report using openDoc functionality
Once Design Studio Application is developed with filter pane or dimension filter components or scripts with multiple value filters, follow the steps below to delegate the multiple values selected in the dimension filters to the target webi report using openDoc functionality
1) Create global variables at application level to capture applied filter values from “Filter Pane”
2) Single values, multiple values selected for the dimensions from ‘Filter Pane’ will get applied as filters on appropriate data sources. From one of the data source on which these filters got applied we have to capture applied filter values and assign them to the global variables defined in step1
There is a limitation in Design Studio filter pane, when selected multiple values an extra space is getting inserted along with value separator semicolon. That is value separator is space plus semicolon, which is causing problem while delegating multiple values to webi report through openDocument functionality.
Ex: MS ;PhD where webi expects multiple values delegation as: MS;PhD (Just a semicolon as value separator)
Below is the work around:
Select one of the data sources on which multivalued filters are applied using filter pane or dimension filter components or by script
From the data source properties “On Result set Changed” event try below script
3) Create target webi report with multiple value prompts and saved it to Business Objects Enterprise. Note the prompt texts to delegate selected values from the Design Studio Analysis application.
4) Added a button component at appropriate position in the analysis application, write “On Click” script to pass the global variables as URL parameters to the openDocument URL for the target webi report
5) Once the single, multiple value filters got applied, click on the ‘URL’ button to open target openDocument webi with the selection details