UPDATE : Please note that this blog relates to configuration done on NON S/4HANA (ECC Systems). Configuration on S/4HANA systems might be slightly different. Please read through the end of this blog to find out what changes are new in Fiori 2.0 with S/4HANA.
Scenario: User wants to view the application only assigned to him/her
User would require only scenario specific tile to be assigned to his/her login. This would be required while assigned production users a certain tile and not all the tiles. This document would also talk about restriction for a specific tile.
For e.g.: Material management PO approve.
User wants only “Approve Purchase order” Tile to be in his/her Launchpad.
- All the specific UI components are in place.
- Fiori admin URL is working fine
- Admin user has administrator role assigned : You have created an administrator user who needs extensive authorizations,
such as S_SERVICE, S_DEVELOP, /UI2/CHIP, S_RFC_ACL, and S_CTS_SADM. If applicable, create the user with the ID the user already has in the back end
- Role name : SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700
As we are dealing here with only 1 application for the user (Approve PO). Let’s go to the standard tile catalog offered by SAP.
Tile catalog name: Buyer (MM) – Content
Now we want only Approve Purchase orders application.
Before copying the tile from this catalog. Let’s create a new tile catalog by clicking on below on the left catalog view.
Create catalog screen appears :
Enter your desired catalog name:
- My New Catalog is created.
- Now go back to your standard catalog and drag the “Approve purchase orders tile” and you see a copy option.
- Drag to the copy option and your tile is copied. Once you drop your tile, it asks for Destination to be copied to.
Select “My New Catalog” from the selection criteria.
Make sure you repeat the same operation for Target mapping for “Approve Purchase orders”.
Once done, now you have the Tile catalog with standard Approve PO tile.
Here target mapping is 0. Once you copy target mapping as well. It shows as 1.
Create Target Group:
Follow the same approach for creating groups. Go to group tab :
You can disable Group personalization as well. User won’t be able to delete the Tiles from Launchpad using this.
Add tile to the group
Create a custom role for your group “My New Group” in PFCG:
Choose Fiori Tile catalog from the Transaction in Menu tab :
Similiarly choose Fiori Group :
Now you see that both Catalog and group is maintained for the role.
- Assign relevant authorizations and number of users. Now you can open your Fiori Launchpad.
- Make sure you save your PFCG role.
- Clear your browser cache and open your Launchpad.
You should see the app tile assigned to you.
Do follow “Fiori” tag for more updates on SAP Fiori blogs/discussions. 🙂