Git Git Hurray: Web IDE, WebStorm and Git
Inspired by Santhosh Gowda and his Commit Ui5 Application into Git Repository.
SAPUI5 application is created in Web IDE and deployed to HCP (sample project name: sdn)
- Download Git from http://git-scm.com/download
- Install Git
- In WebStorm go to File->Default settings… In a popup select Version Control->Git
- In SAP HCP Cockpit go to HTML5 Applications, select our application created in in Web IDE, select Versioning from left hand menu, right click on the link next to Git Repository URL and select Copy Link Address
- In WebStorm go to VCS->Checkout from Version Control->Git and in the popup paste an url to Git repository (copied on previous step), change name of the Parent and project directories if needed. Click Clone.
- Go to Git directory, in file etc\gitconfig add following setting in [http] section:
[http] sslVerify = false
You might have to run text editor as Administrator
- Repeat step 5. New project will appear in the WebStorm
- Now we can work on the application locally and once we done with changes, open Tool Window #9 (Version Control). Right click on the resource and select Commit Changes…, set Author and Comment (optional) and click on Commit (or Commit and Push). Select a branch in case of Push and click Push
- Now we go back to SAP HCP Cockpit, go to HTML5 Applications, select our application created in in Web IDE, select Versioning from left hand menu. We see our commit in the table, so we can create a new version and activate
Once we are done with activating a new version we can run the application and ensure our changes are deployed correctly
Sweet! I'm not using WebStorm, but I can clone own projects and continue offline development.
That's one of the purposes - offline development
what's interesting - doing from git command line it asks user name and password, doing the same from WebStorm - it doesn't 😕
I would assume it is stored somewhere or using SSO. try to clone my project
remote error: Git access forbidden