This document is all about SAP ECC and SAP HANA Integration using SLT ( Data Provisioning Technique ).
In this document I am demonstrating the procedure to configure SLT and then testing the configuration by creating Purchase Order in SAP ECC and see its reflection in SAP HANA which is near real-time replication.
Addition to this I have covered procedural steps of some activity which we may have to carry out if in case ECC and HANA environment is not completely ready for establishing SLT configuration and in case of few possible errors that usually comes in creation of SLT configuration .
Sequence of flow of the document would be as follows –
I. How To Create RFC Connection which is used in SLT Configuration.
II. Step-by-Step Procedure to configure SLT for Data Replication from SAP ECC System to SAP HANA system.
III. How to delete entries from ECC tables for eliminating Error in SLT Configuration Scenario.
I. Creation of RFC Connection – While configuring SLT in LTR Transaction we need to pass RFC connection. In case their is no suitable RFC Connection available or their is issue with existing RFC Connections, we can easily create RFC Connection to meet our requirement as follows –
- In ECC System go to transaction SM59 and click on New
2 . Fill in highlighted fileds and press Enter.
where as, choose Connection Type – 3 ( ABAP Connection)
3 . Under Technical Settings tab give TargetHost and System Number
So target Hostname is nothing but message server address of your ECC system which you can find out in rz10 Transaction
Enter the name of the system profile,
Select latest version of the profile.
Click on display so you will find SAP System number and mshost id as mentioned below.
So after getting this values ,
in Target Host enter your rdisp / mshost id i.e. ‘EHP7’and in System number enter SAPSYSTEM value i.e. ’07’ and than click on Enter, after that Target Host-name will appear and IP address associated to that mshost under IP Address Field will appear.
4 . Under Logon Security tab fill in required fields and press Enter.
5 .Now click on Save . Hence RFC Connection with name ECC_SLT_HANA is created.
6. To test the conncetion click on Connention Test
If RFC connection is created successfully below sceen will appear
II . SLT Configuration Steps.
1. In ECC goto tcode- LTR , It will open a webdynpro screeen.
2. Enter ECC credentials and then click on Log On.
3. Configuration and monitoring dashboard for HANA screen will appear.
Click on New which will pop up Create a New Configuration Window.
4. New configuration screen will appear fill in the required fileds and click on OK.
Note : Configuration Name will be the name of the schema in HANA studio where SAP ECC tables will be replicated.
If any schema with specified Configuration name already exist then same schema will be used else new schema will be created.
RFC Destination – Choose the RFC Connection which is being created i.e. ECC_SLT_HANA .
Provide HANA System credentials to which we need to establish connection.
Specify Number of Data Transfer Jobs and Calculation Jobs according to availability of Jobs.
Note : You may specify the number of jobs in LTRC transaction.
5. Connection is created with name – SYN_SLT_HANA. click on configuration name.
Note: At a time there can be only one configuration.
6. On this popped up window we get the status of created configuration.
we can find the Status as Running that means SLT configuration is completed at this point.
7 . Go to HANA studio
In HANA Studio under SAP HANA Modeler Perspective
click on Data Provisioning.
Data Provisioning window pops up,
Select HANA system and click on Finish.
8. SLT overview screen appears
As the SLT gets configured 3 ECC system tables DD02L, DD02T and DD08L gets replicated in HANA system.
These are the tables which stores meta data of ECC tables.
Auto-Created Schema in HANA System as below.
9. For Loading ECC tables into HANA System
Click on Load then Load window pops up.
Select Table say LFA1 from Source Tables section and click on Add, table gets reflected in Selected tables section.
click on Finish.
10. LFA1 table gets scheduled for load operation
11. Now to Replicate transactional table say Purchase Order header and line item tables.
Click on Replicate , Replicate window pops up
Select EKKO and EKPO tables from Source Tables section and Add them in Selected Section
Click on Finish.
12. So the EKKO And EKPO tables gets scheduled for replication.
13. After the tables get scheduled initially the tables get loaded with status executed .
14. the tables which is being replicated gets new status as ‘In Process’
Note : The loading / replicating table’s change of status from Scheduled to Execute and then In Process may take longer time may be more than half an hour.
In this case we may suspend the replication tables which are already having status as ‘In Process’ however this may not be a best practice.
15. Now to see replication lets create an entry in ECC tables, go to transaction me21n to create Purchase Order
16 . Created Purchase Order
17 . Reflection of above created PO in HANA system, EKKO table
18. Reflection of above created PO in HANA system, EKPO table
III. Error in SLT Configuration Scenario – When you have deleted existing configuration and you are trying to create new configuration the error pops up saying ‘Not all configurations could be loaded due to data inconsistencies‘ and ‘Source System is already used in different Configuration’.
What happens is, though you have deleted configuration in LTR transaction still System maintains some records related to deleted configuration in some IUUC* tables so we need to delete those entries from the tables.
Tables from which we need to delete entries are as follows –
Steps to delete entries from ECC Tables are as follows –
1. Go to Transaction SE16 and give table name and click on data preview
2 .click on Execute , whole data in the table will be displayed.
3. Select the record and click on display
4. To switch on debugging mode write /h and click enter.
5. Click Enter again you will land up in ABAP Debugger
On this screen click on code, so you will get code in variable column under Variable 1 tab, than press on Edit icon.
6. Replace ‘SHOW’ with ‘DELE’ and press enter and than press F8
7 . So we will get Delete Entry push button through which we can delete records from table.
By using this procedure have to delete all the records from above mentioned 4 tables.
Hence, this way we can eliminate those errors.