SAP Web IDE is an online development space where an application’s development team can work together across time zones and geographic regions to develop project deliverables, using a shared repository.
Note: To share a repository you must have a productive account and not a HANA trial account.
Adding Members to your HCP account
All members assigned to the selected account can use the functionality provided by SAP HANA Cloud Platform within the scope of this account and as permitted by their assigned account member roles. Account member roles support typical tasks performed by users when interacting with the platform.
- New members to be added need to have SAP user IDs. You can request user IDs at thE SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/request-use
- You must be an administrator within the account to add members.
- SAP Service Marketplace users are automatically registered with the SAP ID service, which controls user access to SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- Open the Hana Cloud cockpit and choose Members in the navigation area. All members currently assigned to the account are displayed in a list.
- To add a new member, enter its user ID in the Add Member field and then choose the Add button. The user ID is case-insensitive and contains alphanumeric characters only. Note that there is currently no user validation.
- In the member list, change the assigned roles if necessary by selecting/deselecting the relevant checkboxes. The changes take effect immediately.
For more information on Account Member Roles visit SAP HANA Cloud Platform
Creating shared HTML5 Roles
- Go to your Application you want to work on collaboratively in HTML5 Applications and click on its name.
- Next go to Roles. Click on New Role.
- Name your new role. Your new role should now appear.
- Next click Assign to assign users to your new role. Enter the User ID of the user you want to use the role.
Changing Application Permissions
Permissions defined in the application descriptor are only effective for the active application version. To protect non-active application versions, the default permission NonActiveApplicationPermission is defined by the system for every HTML5 application.
- To change the applications permissions go to the HTML5 Application Dashboard.
- Go to Applications Permissions and click edit.
- Under Assigned Role select the role you created and click save.
Every user assigned to the role is now able to access the app repository and clone it in WebIDE.
For more information on using Git commands in WebIDE visit SAP Web IDE Developer Guide