SuccessFactors sessions at SAPPHIRE & the ASUG Annual Conference 2015
SAP’s showpiece conference of the year is upon us and – as usual – will be co-hosted with the Americas’ SAP Users’ Group (ASUG) Annual Conference. I am excited to be there and take in the range of software solutions and vendors on display, as well as meet new faces and catch up with familiar ones. There will be a host of SAP executives, product managers, SAP Mentors, and ASUG volunteers among the thousands of customer attendees who will head down to Orlando Orange County Convention Center in the week of May 4th to learn more about SAP solutions and in this blog I wanted to list some of the SuccessFactors sessions that peaked my interest when viewing the program agenda.
Don’t miss the ASUG pre-conference day on Monday 4th May, Paving the Road for Workforce 2020. The event proves to take a deeper look at strategic HR, analytics and big data, social collaboration, and the ever-changing workforce. Speakers include:
- Jenny Dearborn, Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer at SAP
- Michael Golz, CIO Americas, SAP America
- Steve Hunt, Senior Vice President of Customer Value at SuccessFactors
- Sameer Patel, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Enterprise Social Collaborative Software at SAP
- David Swanson, EVP Human Resources, SAP
The full details can be seen here and registration is open for ASUG members here. May the 4th be with you!
ASUG Annual Conference
The ASUG Annual Conference features a host of interesting sessions across the program. I’ve picked out my selection of HR tracks that I’m looking forward to seeing and – in some cases – take part in:
- Tue 5th 11am: Mike Ettling Presents SAP’s Roadmap to HR’s Future in S320 – followed by Panel discussion with Mike, Patricia Meo (American Airlines), Jeff Wible (PA State System of High Ed), and myself and moderated by Sherryanne Meyer (ASUG)
- Tue 5th 12:30pm: De-Mystifying the Boomi Cloud – BNSF Railway Utilizes Boomi Extensively to Deliver a Highly Integrated SuccessFactors Recruiting System in S320E – BNSF Railways discuss how they have used Dell Boomi AtomSphere to build a number of automated integrations to streamline their SuccessFactors Recruiting system
- Tue 5th 1:45pm: SAP HR Renewal and SuccessFactors Employee Central: A Feature Comparison in S320A – SAP and SuccessFactors expert Brandon Toombs – along with Katelynn Heckett (University of North Texas) – will compare and contrast SAP HR Renewal and SuccessFactors Employee Central using demonstrations and discussions
- Tue 5th 3pm: Disney Creativity at Work with Integrating SAP HCM, SAP Fiori, and SuccessFactors in S320A – Disney discuss their HR technology landscape featuring SAP ERP HCM, Fiori, and SuccessFactors
- Wed 6th 11am: Your HCM Core in the Cloud: SuccessFactors Employee Central introduction & roadmap update in S320A – SAP’s Joachim Forderer Joachim Förderer (SuccessFactors Employee Central Product Management) provides an introduction and update on SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Wed 6th 12:30pm: Security Strategy and Role Based Permissions (RBP) for SuccessFactors in S320A – Newell Rubbermaid discuss strategy, implementation, and using Role-Based Permissions for SuccessFactors Learning, Succession, Performance & Goals, Employee Profile, and Workforce Analytics
- Wed 6th 2:30pm: Panel Discussion: Advancing Your HR Analytics Capabilities in S320E – Mick Collins and fellow experts from Bersin by Deloitte discuss HR analytics in this panel discussion
- Wed 6th 4:15pm: SuccessFactors Talent Management Solutions – Strategy, Recent Innovations, and Future Direction in S320A – SAP’s Mark Brandau discusses what’s recent and what’s new with SuccessFactors’ talent solutions
- Thu 7th 12pm: Employee Central Experts Discussion Panel in S320A – Joachim Förderer and myself sit alongside a customer on an experts panel moderated by Martin Gillet
- Thu 7th 2pm: Succession and Discussion on Key Planning Points to Consider (Demo Series) in S320E – Sharon Newton and Sharon Cook from HyperCision talk about the succession planning and career development planning processes in SuccessFactors Succession & Development
- Thu 7th 3:30pm: Tips and Tricks for Accommodating a Blended Union and Non-Union Workforce in Employee Central in S320A – Snohomish County Public Utility District talk about how they accommodated union job and pay structures in SuccessFactors Employee Central
Also look out for the hour-long HR Hands On in the ASUG HUB sessions in the ASUG Theater
In the ASUG Hub on the show floor, which combine a demo with hands-on experience for customers looking to touch and feel the SuccessFactors system:
- Wed 6th 12:30pm: HR Hands On in the ASUG HUB – SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Wed 6th 2:30pm: HR Hands On in the ASUG HUB – SuccessFactors Onboarding
SAPPHIRE hosts a number of information sessions and customer case studies. My pick include:
- Tue 5th 1pm: Improve Employee Engagement with Continuous Learning in Theater 3 – B/E Aerospace talk about how they use SuccessFactors Learning
- Tue 5th 1pm: Get Past the Hype to Apply Real-World Predictive Analytics in HR in LB219 – SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (WFA) and analytics guru Mick Collins examine the effects of performance-based pay on individual and team productivity, what data you need, and how to get past technical and cultural challenges in applying predictive analytics
- Wed 6th 1:30pm: Revitalize Human Resources with Cloud-Based Core HR Solutions in Theater 4 – Brooks Brothers Group Inc. talk about their simplification of HR processes and business transformation achieved by implementing SuccessFactors Employee Central and talent solutions
- Wed 6th 2pm: Create a Measurable Social Collaboration Strategy to Increase Employee Engagement in LB219 – SAP’s Holly Simmons discusses the use of SAP Jam for social collaboration and employee engagement
- Wed 6th 5:30pm: Transform Your Organization with Cloud-Based HR Solutions in Theater 4 – panel discussion with Kenneth Pearson, Global VP Industry Value Engineering, SuccessFactors and myself discuss benefits, technical considerations, and building a business case for moving to cloud-based HR solutions
- Thu 7th 9am: Stay Competitive with Your Compensation and Benefits Processes in LB219 – compensation expert Jeremy Masters discusses compensation best practices and how SuccessFactors Compensation can simplify compensation processes
- Thu 7th 1pm: Accelerate Time to Value by Engaging Global Services to Implement Core HR Solutions in LB219 – Gavin Cockayne from SAP talks about customer stories of Employee Central and where to find asset to support implementations
- Thu 7th 2:30pm: Thrive in a New World of New Rules with Cutting-Edge HR Cloud Solutions in Theater 5 – Michael Golz, CIO at SAP Americas and David Swanson, EVP HR at SAP talk about SAP’s own implementation of SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Thu 7th 3:30pm: Achieve Better Business Outcomes by Moving to Cloud-Based HR Solutions in Theater 4 – Allstate Insurance Co. talks about their Talent Hybrid integration of SuccessFactors talent solutions with their SAP ERP HCM on-premise system
Also, check out the Demo Station throughout the week for demos of different SuccessFactors applications.
You can review all sessions at www.sapandasug.com under the Agenda Builder section. I will be around all week so feel free to reach out to me if you want to discuss SuccessFactors implementations, migration strategy, and roadmaps.
Luke, Thanks for pulling this together! I wanted to mention that there are also at least three HR/HCM Influence Sessions/Design Thinking Workshops scheduled in the ASUG Theaters:
Enhance Payroll Administration and Reporting at 12:30 on Wednesday
SAP Payroll on HANA at 12:30 on Wednesday
SAP Learning Solution 3:30 on Thursday
Thanks for that Sharon!
You beat me to it - again, but very consoling to see that we have similar agendas - even if I have the feeling that it will be impossible to attend it all - it never is.
See you there!
We will be looking at some of these excellent sessions to bring to the "2015 ASUG HR & Payroll Canada Summit" in Toronto this October ---->