SuccessFactors Employee Central Embedded Analytics for Compensation Information
*Note: this feature is now deprecated*
In the Q1 2015 release SuccessFactors introduced Embedded Analytics in the Compensation Information portlet of Employee Central. The analytics – which can be viewed in this YouTube video – provides four different chart so that managers and HR administrators can view the following information graphically for employees. These charts provide users with an easy-to-consume way of scrutinizing salary information and salary history information of employees. There are four charts available:
- Range Penetration
- Compa Ratio
- Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Range Penetration
- Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Compa Ratio
This information can also be viewed in the history for Compensation Information.
The screenshot below shows the Range Penetration chart for an employee.
The screenshot below shows the Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Range Penetration chart.
The screenshot below shows the Compa Ratio chart.
The screenshot below shows the Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Compa Ratio chart.
These charts display data in real-time and therefore update automatically when data is changed.
Steps to configure Embedded Analytics
I recently set these Embedded Analytics up for a customer. The following steps can be used to configure the Embedded Analytics:
1. In Provisioning ensure that “Dashboards 2.0 (Youcalc) Framework” under “Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting” is enabled
2. Ensure the administrator user has all permissions enabled in the permission category “Manage Dashboards/Report”
3. In OneAdmin, navigate to Reporting > Manage Dashboards
4. Click on the link “Manage Standard Dashboards and YouCalc Files”
5. Click on the “Add From Success Store” button (or if you have the .epix file click the “Upload Custom YouCalc File” and upload the file)
6. For the dashboard “Employee Central Embedded Tile” click the “Add to Instance” button in the “Get Model” column
7. Make any changes to the name or description of the dashboard if required and click Save
8. Return to OneAdmin and navigate to Employee Files > Configure Charts for Key Figures in Compensation Portlet
9. Select the “Visualize the key figures on the compensation portlet” checkbox and select the dashboard in the Model drop-down
10. Select which of the widgets should be displayed and click Save
The Embedded Analytics are now enabled.
Hi Luke, this is really cool! One question though: is it possible to restrict who can see the dashboard/widget or when you enable it, everyone that has access to the Compensation portlet can see it?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
I believe everyone can see it. I've not heard or seen anything to the contrary as I had the same question on a recent implementation.
Thanks for the detailed post. This really helps, as these steps are not available in release note.
Thank you for posting such a informative blog about the use of embedded analytics.
I tried to follow this blog, but facing a problem in step 8 - Employee Files > Configure Charts for Key Figures in Compensation Portlet
I cannot see this option in the Employee Files of One Admin.
Can you please suggest if I have missed anything?
Usually that means the content wasn't added to the instance correctly. Sometimes this doesn't work in the demo systems.
Will this functionality work with "People Profile"? I followed the steps you have mentioned, however, the dashboard doesnt seem to show up in the compensation portlet
There is a different technology for People Profile:
Is there away to display percent of increase in the Compensation portlet in EC? and is there a way to show the percent of increase and range penetration and compa ratio in a workflow?
Yes. You can use a custom field and a business rule to make calculations. Assign the rule as onView.
In the workflow I don’t believe it’s possible to include these values because they are calculated fields.
I followed all the steps but the "Total Compensation History" block is not available to add in the "Configure People Profile" section.
I have reviewed several notes but I cannot solve it.
You have idea how to solve this error
Thanks for your help
This feature was deprecated some releases ago (Q4 2019 release, I believe). I must apologize, because I should've updated this blog to specify as such.
Thaks for your help
Hi Luke, moorning.
sorry, according to what you told me, the option to display Compensation data graphically (Activating Embedded Analytics) not available now ?
Thanks for your help
That is correct.