How-To: Mass Deletion of Variants
This is a simple how-to on performing a mass deletion of variants for a particular ABAP program.
- First, copy the name of the ABAP program you wish to look at
- If you do not know this, go into the transaction and go to System > Status… and look in the Program field
- Next go to SA38 and paste in the program name
- Note – you can actually get there from the transaction by going to System > Services > Reporting
- With the program name in the SA38 field, click on Goto > Variants (F7)
- This takes you to the ABAP: Variants – Initial Screen
- From here, click on Variants > Catalog
- Next click on the button Selection criteria (this will have the standard trash can icon next to it)
- On this pop-up, you will be able to select the variants you wish to delete, finally clicking the Delete Variant button
- You’ll get one final warning, and once allowing, they will be removed.
Pretty simple, but was very helpful for me post installation and Go-Live where we had hundreds of unused variants to get rid of for particular programs.