On March 31 and April 1, d-kom was held at SAP Labs LA. Our local d-kom closed the development event series this year, other events were held in Mannheim, Walldorf, Bay Area, Bangalore and Shanghai. It happens every year and this time the event was divided between two days, the first one for employees and the second day for customers, partners and a few employees. People that participated enjoyed a great opportunity to learn, share, network and celebrate innovation at our Labs. Check the highlights for both days of event:
- 21 lectures.
- 2 keynotes: Guenter Pecht-Seibert about ICN: How to reinforce organic innovation at SAP and Rudolf Hois, about S/4 HANA.
- 220 employees
The Scavenger Hunt was a fun experience that took employees around all d-kom areas and offered special rewards for the participants. The gamification was also done in Walldorf and Palo Alto, but we had the highest participation among all locations with a total of 85 participants from 14 groups.
Our d-shop was officially opened at d-kom. Located at the recreation area, d-shop will be THE “makerspace” for developers, encouraging our colleagues to put their ideas into practice, by providing tools and support.
- 23 lectures.
- The Startup Focus and Internet of Things talks were packed.
- More than 280 participants (customers, partners and employees)
- Fusion, an SAP partner, talked about the development of mobile applications using UI5.
- 6 SAP Mentors participated on the event giving great lectures about S/4 HANA, Cloud and Abap. Check their review here.
- d-shop was well received by clients and startups that showed interest on becoming partners.
On the first day, participants had the opportunity to network in the afternoon while enjoying a burguer and listening to live music. On the second day, they had pizza.
d-kom gathered sessions about technology and development. Participants watched SAP mentors, employees and partners talk about Internet of Things, SAP S/4 HANA and mobile. Our d-shop area allowed them to get close to innovations created at the Labs.
Thanks to everyone who participated and joined SAP Labs LA d-kom!