Unified Inbox with SAP Fiori (My Inbox) | SAP TechEd Lecture of the Week
You must have heard my colleague, Ramana Mohanbabu talking about “Unified Inbox with Fiori” last year at SAP TechEd. Since then we have come a long way.
First, the name of the application went through a change. We arrived at a new name “My Inbox” which won against some other pretty good options in vote. My Inbox Fiori app is a result of a goal to achieve a single inbox and combine the qualities of Unified Inbox and Fiori Approve Request app in one.
We released the first version of Fiori app My Inbox on 29 January 2015 after the completion of successful internal as well as customer validation. With My Inbox you can deal with SAP and non-SAP workflows in an enterprise from single app. It follows Fiori design language for user experience.
With My Inbox you can:
- Make decisions using mobile or desktop devices anywhere and anytime.
- You can process your standard and custom workflow tasks from multiple sources.
- You can collaborate in a mini forum for each task, share documents through tasks, share tasks by email, JAM and by explicit forwarding.
- You can execute tasks in mass.
- You can manage substitutes.
Now it is possible for a customer to migrate to My Inbox from Unified Inbox and Approve Requests. Of course Unified Inbox and Approve Requests will stay supported in the future. However all functional enhancements will be done only in “My Inbox” app.
In case you missed the TechEd session, you can attend the following session at ASUG Orlando, Florida during May 5-7, 2015 “My Inbox in Fiori – simplifying the workflow experience for end users” – BT1072
You can find latest information about My Inbox at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62602