The SAP Mobile Secure team is pleased to announce that our support for Google’s Android for Work is now available. SAP has been partnering with Google as we share a common vision to bring Android support to enterprise users. With this program, we’re helping to ensure that our customers around the world have the freedom to choose their own devices for work and that businesses can securely support the devices employees want.
A few weeks ago, SAP announced that the companies are working together on the Android for Work program, which is supported by Google and brings together device makers, application developers and management solutions, to provide a secure, flexible, economical and consistent mobility platform (see Google’s AFW landing page.)
If you’re not familiar with Android for Work, it allows you to create a managed work profile on a device so that sensitive work data can be separated and secured from personal applications. With our support in SAP Mobile Secure, we now offer a single pane of glass for IT to manage all mobile devices. The employee’s apps, data, and settings aren’t touched by the enterprise admin at all – this is true separation of personal and corporate data.
SAP Mobile Secure is an integrated, cloud-based enterprise mobility management portfolio that helps you manage your company’s mobile devices, apps and content. You can try out SAP Mobile Secure and start managing Android for Work devices today at sapmobilesecure.com.
Watch this overview presentation summarizing Android for Work, and introducing features in SAP Mobile Secure 2.7.
SAP Mobile Secure customers running Android for Work will be able to leverage the following:
- Full administration
- Managed Profile – secure and manage the work space on the employee’s Android of choice including remote wipe and lock
- Email, calendar, contacts and tasks – user simply opens and user work email
- Mobile apps – full control to deploy, update and remove managed apps in the managed profile
- Remote commands – Administrator can lock & wipe all enterprise content without affecting personal content or settings
- Profile settings – Control over passcode quality, copy/paste, screen capture, display timeout to enforce compliance
- Chrome settings – Manage proxy, url white/black list, cookies, bookmarks for secure browsing
- Wi-Fi settings – WPA2/WPA enterprise and certificates to manage access to secure resources
- Certificates – Silent installation of user and root certificates for security
- User management – Administrator sets up Single Sign On to make user management simple, secure and easy for mobile users
- PIM app suite – Deploy and manage email, calendar, contacts and tasks apps
- Exchange settings – Create and assign email policies to automatically configure email for mobile users
- Email security – Manage SSL and user certificates
When you are ready to get started either with your live version or with a 30-day trial, you can watch the video below, which provides detailed instructions on how to set up your Android for Work environment to manage Google Android devices within SAP Mobile Secure. Whether you are starting from a trial or a production version of SAP Mobile Secure, you’ll be able to follow these steps to set up your Google account, start an Android for Work Project and set up Android for Work Technical Settings. Watch the video.
Its important to note that when you’re looking at deploying mobile apps to Android devices, SAP offers much more that just a management solution – we can also help you successfully manage apps. Our leading SAP apps will be ready for installation within Android for Work and those apps can be distributed via SAP Mobile Place, a brandable, localizable and secure enterprise app store. We also support the Android operating system with the latest versions of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and its platform-as-a-service offerings including SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services, SAP Mobile Platform, and several hundred Android-based mobile apps.
If you’re planning to be at SapphireNOW in Orlando please email me to join our Android for Work roundtable session with experts Senthil Krishnapillai and Matt Carrier.
Get started with a trial today – including the Android for Work features – at sapmobilesecure.com.