New Functionality for Interaction Center with SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 3
This is an overview of the new functionality introduced to the SAP CRM Interaction Center with SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 3
Additional Non-IC specific features introduced by SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 3 may also be used in Interaction Center.
An overview of the new functionality introduced to the SAP CRM Interaction Center with SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 2 is also available here
Business Function Social Media Integration CRM_SMI_INBOX: Business Function Social Media Integration in IC
As of SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP CRM 7.0, the business function Social Media Integration in Interaction Center (CRM_SMI_INBOX) is available. With this business function, you can listen to and engage with your customers through the social media that they use to communicate with peers.
With the related business function Social Media Integration in Business Partner, you can assign social media users to accounts, groups, or contacts in the interaction center.
The following features are available with this business function:
- Retrieve posts from predefined social media channels
- Analyze post sentiment
- Map social media users to accounts in SAP CRM
- Trigger follow-up actions, including replying to posts and creating transactions (for example, service requests)
CRM_SMI_INBOX: Business Function Social Media Integration in IC (Enhanced for SP02)
As of SAP enhancement package 3 SP02 for SAP CRM 7.0, the following features are available with the business function Social Media Integration in Interaction Center (CRM_SMI_INBOX):
- You can search social media posts by description.
- You can run the report CRM_SOC_DATA_MIGRATION_TO_UC so that when you search by description, you can search for posts that you have already retrieved before you upgrade to CRM 7.0 EHP3 SP02.
- The Reference function and the Reference (Extended) function are now supported for social media posts.
- With the BAdI Text Analysis of Social Media Post, it is now supported to Categorize the retrieved posts based on text analysis
Business Function Service Configurator for Shared Services CRM_SHSVC_2: Service Configurator for Shared Services
With the business function Service Configurator for Shared Services (CRM_SHSVC_2) you can further integrate CRM Interaction Center WebClient with ERP and use additional features provided for process-based checklists in service requests.
Service Configurator is an enhancement based on the standard checklist features in CRM Interaction Center WebClient. This feature enables some checklist functions that require more integration with ERP applications such as ERP Financials.
Service Configurator aims to build a process-based experience where business users can perform ERP Financials tasks while they follow the steps in the checklist of a service request.
To achieve this, Service Configurator uses the following decision-based checklist features:
- Flexible definition of processes and steps
- Ability to include work instructions, responsible partners, comments, and other information in processes and steps
- Ability to include links to ERP transactions and trigger actions in processes and steps
- CRM Application Enhancement Tool Technology (AET)
Based on these features, this business function brings more ERP functionality to service request checklists in these ways:
- Accessing ERP functions from service requests: The business user can fill out a process-specific form with fields from the ERP system, and can select values by using the search help that is sourced from ERP data.
- Validating user input against ERP data: Validation can be performed on user input when the business user saves a service request or executes a checklist step.
- Submitting process-specific forms to ERP: The business user can submit a process-specific form to the ERP system to launch a transaction in the ERP system. Depending on the configuration, the user can either send the form data off to the ERP system or launch an ERP transaction remotely in the service request.
This business function does not have impact on existing data. However, the user interface for the dependent extended checklist in CRM Interaction Center WebClient has been reworked for usability and functionality reasons
CRM_SSC_EIC_4: HCM Shared Services Center – PA Services and Web Dynpro ABAP UI
This business function is part of the HR enhancements. With this business function, the Shared Services Framework (SSF) is integrated with the renovated Personnel Administration (PA) services and the new HCM Processes and Forms (HCM P&F) Web Dynpro ABAP UI.
The Shared Service Center (SSC) agents can launch the new PA services and HCM P&F process with Web Dynpro UI from Shared Services Framework.
- Renovated PA Service Integration with SSF HR.
A Shared Sevice Center (SSC) agent can access this application from a service request to launch PA services for an employee.
Customers can configure new PA services, if required.
- Renovated HCM P&F Integration with SSF HR
With the integration of this application, an SSC agent can now launch the new HCM P&F process with Web Dynpro ABAP UI from SSF HR
CRM_SSC_EIC_5: HCM Shared Services Center – Service Configurator
With this business function, the Shared Services Framework (SSF) enables you to control and model HR processes as per the Shared Service Organization (SSO) requirements.
The Service Configurator integrates SAP CRM Decision-Based Checklist and SAP HCM Processes and Forms, which enables SSO to control and model their processes which involves multiple parties, some within or some outside the organization. The benefit of this integration for SSO goes beyond modeling & controlling a process.
- SLAs can be tracked for the complete process so that the SSO can report on these activities.
- The system leverages already existing HCM P&F processes and remodels these processes according to the requirements of the SSO, including SSO-relevant activities in the process.
Using service configurator you can also:
- Integrate HCM processes to a service request.
- Control the SSO backend process by adding manual and/or automated steps to existing HCM processes. These steps can be added at the beginning, middle, or at the end of an HCM process.
CRM_IC_INBOX_2: Business Function IC Inbox Extensions 2 (New for SP03)
To use this business function, you must also activate the business function IC Inbox Extensions (CRM_IC_INBOX).
With the business function IC Inbox Extensions 2, you can activate the following inbox features:
- Inbox Item Type for Outbound Correspondence
You can use the inbox item type for outbound correspondence to search for outbound e-mails (non-ICI-based), fax messages, and letters created in the interaction center (IC) and linked to an interaction record, as well as outbound e-mails created by the E-Mail Response Management System (ERMS). The inbox item type for outbound correspondence is available in the nonaccelerated and in the accelerated inbox search.
- Social Media Integration in Accelerated Inbox Search
You can use the accelerated inbox search to search for social media posts.
- Predefined Inbox Search Tables
You can use predefined inbox search tables that contain the inbox search attributes and inbox result attributes that are relevant to specific inbox item types.
- Processing Data for Inbox Search Tables
You can use the transaction Process Data for Inbox-Specific Searches as a single point of access for processing the data for the various predefined inbox search tables. In the transaction, you can upload the data for the relevant main categories to the predefined inbox search tables. You can also remove the data for the relevant main categories from the predefined inbox search tables, as required.
- Advanced Search
The advanced search has been enhanced. The search attributes have been enabled for multiple use, and the appropriate search operators have been provided. Note that the selection of search operators has been limited to match the broad variety of main categories.
- Search Attribute Recipient Address
The Recipient Address search attribute has been enabled for the work item search (inbound emails, fax messages, and letters). The search attribute can also be used to search for outbound correspondence (outbound e-mails, fax messages, and letters).
- Sort Attribute Employee Responsible
The sort attribute Employee Responsible (ID) has been replaced by Employee Responsible (Name).
- Maximum Number of Results
You can use the Maximum Number of Results function on the Inbox page to define the number of search results. For example, you could reduce the number of search results to improve the search performance.
In the Customizing activity Define Inbox Profiles, you can define the default values and range of user entries for the Maximum Number of Results field.
You can use the Reset function on the Inbox page to reset the inbox search criteria and the
inbox result list to the initial state:
- Search Attribute Validity Check for Accelerated Case Searches
In the accelerated inbox search, main categories related to cases do not support a combination of the search attributes Account, Assigned To, and Employee Responsible. The corresponding searches previously did not produce any results. These searches are no longer performed, and an appropriate information message is displayed instead.
- Result List Display in Tree Format
For identical objects, the result list in tree format now displays identical result list attributes in main nodes and in subnodes.