How to find the source code where the message is raised
Many a times we get some message in the bottom left of our screen while executing some custom program or TCode. This document will show you how to find the exact line of code which raises this message. I hope it will be useful to all of us.
1. I am using customized program in this example. When I execute this program I get the following message ‘No records found’. Now I want to find the source code from where this message is raised.
2. Go to TCode SE30/SAT. Enter your program name in ‘In Dialog’ box and select Program radio button. In this case I am using ‘ZFRO_CI_PAYMENT_INFO’ program. Then click on Execute.
3. System will take you to the same program. Enter your data so that same message pops up. Then press Exit button so that you come back to SAT TCode screen. Click on Evaluate tab. You will see Existing ABAP Runtime Measurements.
4. Click on Trace File column.
5. Search for message number in the trace file.