Integration scenario SAP MDG and C4C.
In a digitised economy masterdata and its life cycle also undergoes a sea change. Earlier for a B2C (business to consumer) scenario ERP was used to store information in batches. Hence customers coming to an online shop or a store were mostly anonymous and hence no identity or master data was necessary. But with social computing gaining ground organisations have to be more and more attentive to the needs of individuals and have started listening to them more than ever. Hence the customer speaking about a product on the cloud is no more left alone – he or she is very well connected with the feedback on the product and services posted on a social media etc. and could very well be a ‘prospect’. Or consider a B2B scenario where an organisation is looking for spares and then registers on the company portal for another organisation, thus becoming a prospect with interest.
In this document we describe the following customer integration scenario.
- Create a Prospect in C4C – send to MDG
- Create a Customer in MDG and send to C4C.
But before we start, we take a look at the landscape in context.
So we can see C4C or Cloud for Customer SAP’s CRM on Cloud where prospect information arrives in the enterprise landscape and is mediated via SAP PI to integrate with SAP MDG for further enrichment and process enablement.
Let’s look at the individual scenario and see how we achieve this integration.
Scenario1- Create a Prospect in C4C – send to MDG
- Prospect is created in C4C. Once prospect needs to become a customer, a request towards MDG is triggered.
- An outbound Web Service BusinesspartnerSelfInitiatedOut is sent to PI.
- In PI the above message would be mapped to BusinessPartnerSuiteBulkReplicateRequest_In message for MDG. (PS- Few mappings are needed in SAP PI for this message to determine values in BP Group, BP Role, Sales Area, Customer Account Group etc.as this information won’t necesarrily be available in the incoming message.)
- MDG receives the above message and automatically generates a Change Request of type CUSTHI01.
- The change request can be either auto-approved or can be manually checked and approved.
- After final approval of the change request a BP and Customer is created in MDG and a key mapping is written in MDG UKMS framework along with the Prospect ID of C4C.
- After final approval outbound message BusinessPartnerSuitBulkReplicateRequest_Out is sent out to PI.
- In PI the above message would be mapped to BusinessPartnerreplicationIn message.
- When received in C4C, the message updates the prospect record with customer channel information along with a key-mapping holding MDG BP number.
Scenario2- Create aCustomer in MDG – send to C4C
After an unsccessful Search in MDG – a CR is created for a BP with Customer Role.
- The CR goes through the governance process and is finally approved to create a BP and Customer in MDG.
- An Outbound WS BusinessPartnerSuiteBulkReplicateRequest_Out is sent to PI.
- In PI the above message would be mapped to BusinessPartnerreplicationIn message for C4C.
- C4C receives this message and creates BP with customer channel information.
- Along with the BP a key-mapping is created in C4C with MDG BP and Customer ID.
- A confirmation message is sent from C4C to PI.
- The above message is mapped to BusinessPartnerSuitebulkConfirmation_In for MDG.
- The above message is received in MDG to update the key-mapping which now holds MDG-BP, Customer & C4C Business Partner ID.
Scenario3- Create a Contact Relationship in C4C and send to MDG
- We have a Customer in C4C and we get a call from a person in the customer organisation – we want to keep him as a contact person in the customer information.
- The person’s information is updated in C4C Customer as a Contact relation.
- Two Outbound WS are sent to PI: BusinessPartnerReplicationSelfinitiatedOut,and BusinessPartnerRelationshipReplicationInitiatedOut
- In PI the 1st message is covered as part of scenario 1 and the 2nd message is mapped to BusinessPartnerRelationShipSUITEBulkReplicate_In message for MDG.
- MDG receives the above messages in sequence – where the 1st message reads the UKMS key mapping in MDG to know a BP exists in MDG and thus it create a Change Request of type CUSTHI02 to change the BP. The next message updates the Change request with a Relationship information in the above Change Request.
- After final approval of this CR, two WS are sent out to PI with key-mapping information updating the Relationship.
- These messages are sent to C4C which updates the relationship key-mapping of MDG.
Scenario4- Create a Contact Relationship in MDG and send to C4C
- We get a request from a customer to include a contact person. in this scenario we manage this master data in SAP MDG which is interfaced and integrated with C4C
- The person’s information is updated in SAP MDG Customer as a Contact relation.
- Two Outbound WS are sent to PI: BusinessPartnerReplicationSelfinitiatedOut,and BusinessPartnerRelationshipReplicationInitiatedOut_Out
- In PI the 1st message is covered as part of scenario 1 and the 2nd message is mapped to BusinessPartnerRelationShipSUITEBulkReplicateIN message for C4C
- C4C receives the message and reads the key-mapping which performs the change on the actual BP number and creates the contact relationship.
- These messages are sent to C4C which updates the relationship key-mapping of MDG
We can extend this idea to more complex scenario of bringing in a master data from the cloud and then govern it for process enablement.