Welcome to an experiment!
I’d like to try to tempt you to take part in a New-Yorker-style cartoon caption contest. I’m hoping that this will be an opportunity to unleash the pent-up humor genes of the global SCN community.
I’m afraid there are no prizes (legally, it’s hopelessly complicated), but you will win the undying admiration of the community, and (if you’re game) we’ll feature the winning entry here on SCN and elsewhere.
Here’s the incomplete cartoon:
- Just come up with the funniest phrase you can to illustrate the cartoon above, and enter it as a comment to this post
- You have 7 days from today to submit your entry in order to take part in the judging.
- Multiple entries are fine — but remember the goal is quality rather than quantity
- Please be nice — sarcasm is fine, but defamation and insults wouldn’t be cool…
- Don’t hesitate to (respectfully) add your own spin to somebody else’s entry — the name of the game is collaboration.
- Vote for your favorite comments/captions by clicking the “like” button below each entry
- If you’d like to be notified about new entries, click on the “receive email notifications” or “track” in the Actions box to the right of this post.
And if you think this is a fun idea, please spread the word!
[UPDATE: And The Winners Are: Cartoon Caption Contest Winners] — many thanks to all who participated!