Note : Before we start designing any of the details report , consultant and analyst should discussed this questions with the User first.
User Requirement Gathering Questions
Questions related to All reports :
- How many reports User required ?
- In which format User needs report and duration required ?
- Whether the User wants to implement hierarchy in reports or not ? If yes then it should be present in all reports or some reports ?
- Are there any prompts (drilldown, filter) which are common to all reports ?
- What are the security constraints common to all reports (i.e access and data displayed level for the user) ?
- How the User wants to analyse data based on time dimension (eg Year,Quarter etc) ?
- Specify the common formatting pattern (eg. color,table width etc) ?
- Any sorting condition which should be common in all reports ?
Questions related to Specific report:
- What are the fields and calculations reuired (i.e dimension, measure) ?
- How to represent data i.e how many charts and tables present in a report ?
- What are the mandatory filters required ?
- Any specific condition or filters required in report ?
- Whether the User wants to highlight specific data in reports or not ?
- Drill should be implement or not ?
- What are the security constraints related to access of reports and also the data displayed on report ?
- What are the prompts/optional prompts should be implemented User wants to see Hierachiral Data while choosing LOV (list of values) ?
- Whether User wants to apply any sort condition or customized sorting ?
- Do we need to create any hyper links in report or wants to link reports together. (i.e : link to dashboard) ?
Whats Next ?
1. Document User requirement .
2. Create a mock up in Excel .
3. Get the approval/sign off and start working