This page is marked for deletion. The functionality has been deprecated.
In this post, you’ll learn how to publish Fiori base URL as an Android app in SAP Mobile Secure. In addition, I’ll show you how to run the app from SAP Mobile Place on an Android device.
- SAP Mobile Secure 2.7
- Keystore tool (e.g. Java 1.7, Android Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
Let’s get started!
Before adding application to SAP Mobile Secure, let’s create our app signing requirement. In order to sign the app that will be created by Fiori build service, we’ll need to create a java keystore file. I’ll be using command version of Java Keytool. Alternatively, you can generate a keystore file using an IDE. Please note, that the file extension must be .keystore.
How to use Java Keytool
keytool -genkeypair -alias <KeyStoreAliasName> -keypass <KeyStorePassword_6_Char_or_more> -keystore <KeystoreFileName.keystore> -storepass <KeystorePassword> -dname <”CN=Firstname Lastname, OU=OrgUnit O=Org, L=City, S=State, C=Country” –sigalg <> -keyalg <DSA, DES, RSA> -keysize <56, 168, 256, 1024, 2048 > -validity <YEAR>
keytool -genkeypair -alias sap123 -keypass sap123 -keystore fiori.keystore -storepass sap123 -dname “CN=Dhimant Patel, OU=RIG O=SAP, L=Chicago, S=IL, C=US” -sigalg MD5withRSA -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 99
Secure the keystore file and password as we’ll be using it when adding Fiori App to SAP Mobile Secure.
Add Application to SAP Mobile Secure App Catalog
Okay, now we are ready to add Fiori type application to SAP Mobile Secure.
1. Login to SAP Mobile Secure
2. Click Add new application
3. Select Application Type as Fiori Application (and click Next)
4. In Details section, provide Name (e.g. E2E Mobile Cloud Demo App); other fields are optional
5. Multimedia – optionally provide app icon and Banner image (only required if app will be featured in SAP Mobile Place)
6. Categories – select a Category (where this app be listed under); simply drag-n-drop from Available to Selected
7. Owner info – add additional app owners (co-owners who can manage this app’s lifecycle)
8. Supported Platform – click Get Started to add platform type
9. Add new platform > Info
- OS Platform – Android
- Base URL – https://demo-fioritrial.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/sap/hana/uis/clients/ushell-app/shells/fiori/FioriLaunchpad.html
- Icon – optional
- Splash Screen – optional
10. Add new platform > App Signing
- Keystore file – Upload your keystore file
- Keystore password – input keystore password
- Keychain alias – input keychain alias
11. Add new platform > Multimedia (optional)
12. Add new platform > Documents (optional)
11. Add new platform > Trial Users (click OK)
12. Click OK (the Fiori build service is generating our .apk on the fly).
13. Once the app is uploaded, click action button to set the app to production so users can view and install application from SAP Mobile Place.
Congratulations! You have successfully added the Fiori app in the App Catalog.
Install Application from SAP Mobile Place
Next, we’ll browse the SAP Mobile Place and install our app on Android mobile device.
1. Login to SAP Mobile Place
2. Browse App Catalog – Upon login your app may appear as featured (with banner and link to app). In addition, your app will be displayed in category you selected when adding app to Mobile Secure’s app catalog.
3. Click the App for details and install option (click Install)
4. The application is pushed down to the device and by default it will be in the Downloads folder. Begin to install the app.
5. Open app (you’ll see the splash screen (if added)) and Fiori base url will open.
About SAP Mobile Secure
For more information on this topic, head over to SAP Mobile Secure Cloud.
You can start your free 30-day trial of SAP Mobile Secure today!