In this tutorial we will setup a basic LDAP structure using Apache Directory Studio. This tutorial will be the basic for my blog “How to use LDAP Authentication on SAP Mobile Platform 3“.
Setup LDAP Server on Windows
- Download and install Apache Directory Studio
Create LDAP Server
- Open Apache Directory Studio
- In the LDAP servers tab, click on New Server icon and choose ApacheDS 2.0.0.
3. Click on Finish, it will create LDAP Server.
4. Right click on the server and choose Run.
Create a Connection for LDAP Server
1. Right click on created server and select Create a Connection. It creates a new connection.
2. Go to Connections panel.
3. Double-click on the connection “ApacheDS 2.0.0”.
The LDAP Browser should show the contents on the server.
Create User on LDAP Server
1. Navigate to ou-users. Right-click on ou-users. Select New, then select New Entry.
Entry Creation Method window will appear.
2. Select Create entry from scratch. Click Next. The Object Classes window will appear.
3. Find inetOrgPerson object and double-click on it. Then click Next.
Distinguished Screen Window appears. Enter values as given below:
On RDN field enter uid and on the value field field enter “midhun“.
4. Click Next. Attributes window will appear.
5. Enter values “system administrator” and “administrator” respectively for fields cn and sn. To enter the values double-click on the empty field next to cn and sn.
6. Right click on the same window and select New Attribute.
7. On Attribute type field enter userPassword. This will be the password of the user.
8. Click Next, then click on Finish.
9. It will prompt to enter password. Set a new password.
10. Click OK, then click on Finish.
Under ou=users a new entry was created.
Add user to Administrator Group
1. Navigate to ou=groups. Double-click on cn=Administrators. Right-click anywhere on the the window and select New Attribute.
The Attribute Type Window will appear.
2. On Attribute type field enter uniqueMember.
3. Click on Finish.
4. Enter value uid=midhun,ou=users,ou=system under uniqueMember field. Done!!
For a quick test use the LDAP Admin tool and provide the credentials and test connection.
Configure LDAP on SAP Mobile Platform
LDAP is supported by SMP, you can configure LDAP for mobile applications as well as to login to SMP Admin Cockpit. In my blog How to use LDAP on SMP 3 I am explaining how to authenticate from a mobile app using LDAP credentials.
SAP Technology RIG