Try out the SAP Cloud Platform Gamification Service
What do you need to try out the HCP Gamification Service?
You need a free SAP Cloud Platform developer account (trial instance): Signing Up for a Developer Account
Note: We recommend that you use the Firefox or Chrome Web Browser.
How to Subscribe to the Gamification Service?
- Log on the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit: https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com/cockpit.
- Go to the Services tab
- Go to Gamification Service
- Choose Enable for the gamification service entry.
- A subscription of the gamification service will be automatically assigned to your account.
- All roles (AppStandard, AppAdmin, GamificationDesigner, TenantOperator, helpdesk) are automatically assigned to your user. These roles are required to access the Gamification Service Workbench and the sample application (Help Desk).
- A subscription of the sample application Help Desk is automatically assigned to your account.
- The destinations “gsdest” and “gswidgetdest” are automatically created. The destinations are required by the sample application.
- Principal propagation for the local service provider is enabled.
How to use the Sample Application and Get Started?
Note: You must have obtained subscriptions for the Gamification Service Workbench and Sample Application (Help Desk) through service enablement.
1 Configure Roles (optional)
All roles (AppStrandard, AppAdmin, GamificationDesigner, TenantOperator, helpdesk) are automatically assigned to your user. If you want to grant other users the roles proceed as follows:
- Select the gamification service and choose Configure Gamification Service.
- Select the Roles tab.
- Assign the roles AppStandard, AppAdmin and helpdesk to the user.
2 Configure Destinations
Note: The two destinations “gsdest” and “gswidgetdest” are automatically created while being enabled for your account. You only need to enter the user credentials.
- On the Cloud Platform cockpit account page navigate to the Destinations section. Note: Do not use the destinations of your subscription.
- Open the destination “gsdest”.
- Enter the user ID and password of your SAP ID user (same as SCN).
- Note: In productive scenarios a separate user is recommended.
3 Generate Demo Content for HelpDesk Sample App
- During first launch of the Gamification Service Workbench you will be asked to create the demo content. Press on Create.
- Optional: Open the Gamification Service Workbench is opened.
- Go to the Administration tab in the Gamification Service Workbench.
- Go to Demo Content Generatio and press Create HelpDesk Demo and press Confirm in the upcoming dialog. After a while you will see the notification “Demo app successfully created.”
- Switch to the “HelpDesk” application by using the dropdown box in the upper right corner of the Gamification Service Workbench to select the sample app context.
- Go to the Summary tab to check if all game mechanics are available.
4 Use Sample App – Help Desk
- Go to the Services tab.
- Choose Go to Service of the gamification service subscription. The Gamification Service Workbench is opened.
- Click the Help link in the upper right corner of the Gamification Service Workbench. A help popup appears.
- Click the Open HelpDesk link in the help popup.
- You can now start using the application and process tickets. For each ticket you will gain experience points according to the demo content created. For critical tickets three experience points are assigned. Furthermore, missions and badges are assigned. (Details on the gamification design can be found here: https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help > SAP Cloud Platform > Services > Gamification Service > Case Study: Gamified Help Desk Application > Gamification Design
Detailed Documentation for a Gamification Service integration scenario?
Questions and Feedback?
Additionally, you can keep yourself up to date by visiting the SAP Cloud Platform Release Notes page regularly.