We do not support sticky sessions, meaning that because RESTWebservices is not configurable to create/write to cookies, the end client has no control over which WACS server is used (even after the first http request is sent). RESTWebservices is, by definition, stateless. Hence, it does not save any information.
- Four separate machines:
- SAP BOE
- Apache HTTP Server, available for download at the Apache Website
- Install BOE on VMBOESRVR machine (If you are doing a custom install, make sure that REST Webervice and WACS is selected)
- Custom install BOE on VMWEBAP1 machine. SELECT ONLY RESTWEBSERVICES!! Specify VMBOESRVR CMS information (make sure to specify a different SIA name for each separate host)
- Custom install BOE on VMWEBAP2 machine. SELECT ONLY RESTWEBSERVICES!! Specify VMBOESRVR CMS information (make sure to specify a different SIA name for each separate host)
- Go into VMBOESRVR CMC->Servers->Core Services and right click the new WebApplicationContainerServer. Select “Properties” (The steps below needs to be performed for SIA of both the WACS node)
- In this example proxy host can be either VMHTTPSRVR, if you have correctly modified your hosts files, otherwise enter the IP address of VMHTTPSRVR.
- If you do not specify the proxy host, WACS will not reverse proxy the request body, in this case for RESTWebservices, the returned xml feed.
http://<LOAD BALANCER SERVER>:<LOAD BALANCER LISTENING PORT>/biprws
- The ProxyPass statement maps any incoming requests to http://VMHTTPSRVR/biprws to the load balanced WACS instances defined in the <Proxy> tags
- Make sure to change the following if need be:
a. VMWEBAP1:6406 – Host name or IP address and listening port xxxx of WACS instance #1 from above.
b. VMWEBAP2:6406 – Host name or IP address and listening port yyyy of WACS instance #2 from above.
3. The Apache docs are more detailed and contain more configuration options. Further Apache HTTP Server documentation can be found at the Apache Documentation site.
NOTE: This basic Apache load balancer configuration uses round robin load balancing techniques
9. Test the configuration:
a. Ensure that all BOE servers (including WACS instances on separate machines) are running and enabled.
b. Start up Apache HTTP Server on VMHTTPSRVR. Make sure it started properly. If there are errors check logs and fix as needed.
c. You can check the status of the clustered WACS instances by going to: http://VMHTTPSRVR/balancer-manager
d. You can access the RESTWebservices at: http://VMHTTPSRVR/biprws
e. Try to use REST Client Plugin to logon and access the infostore through http://VMHTTPSRVR/biprws/logon/long
i. Check the links in the infostore to ensure correct reverse proxy forwarding.
You can disable WACS of VMBOESRVR if it is not required to be accessed directly.