Monthly Highlights from the SAP User Experience Community – April 1st
I’d like to share with you some of the new and most interesting content which was posted over the last month on the SAP User Experience Community.
The SAP User Experience Community is a public community dedicated to the exchange of ideas and knowledge about design and user experience. The Community is for everyone interested in design and user experience, so join the conversation!
In Learn the basics about design and user experience:
- March kicks off the first post in a new interview series with SAP employees in a variety of roles in the area of user experience and design. In this first article, I interview Timo Bess, visual designer at SAP. Timo works on the SAP Business Suite and since winning the internal design contest to create a responsive and beautiful design for the SAP User Experience Community.
- In this second post by Varik Torsteinsen, Throw away your finest sketch (the win lies elsewhere), you’ll find out why he exhorts you to not get too attached to your visuals and instead focus on the memorable effect you want to have on your audience. And in case you missed it, do also check out Varik’s inspiring first post, Connecting and Convincing with Creative Confidence – The Basics.
In Skill up on design and user experience:
- When Time Matters: It’s All about Survival! by Bernard Rummel delves into the application of survival analysis tools (which were developed by insurance mathematicians who wanted to explore factors influencing the life expectancy of their customers) to improve application efficiency from a UX perspective.
- In Making Stores Smart with Beacon Technology, Holger Maassen’s latest post focusing on the retail sector, he summarizes briefly how beacon technology works and what the benefits are for consumers – and how he would like to see the technology evolve.
- Katie Moser has been diligently updating her post, SAP UX and Design Leadership Team Share Insights and Inspiration, in order to continuously provide you with the latest links to our UX and design leadership series of blogs on SCN.
In Participate in improving products with SAP:
- Sign up until April 10th – Influence SAP’s Planned Solutions – Again SAP product teams are inviting you to engage throughout the discussion and development of future functionality. Through the so-called “Customer Engagement Initiative”, you can get an early insight into what’s planned by SAP and influence how functionality will be realized.
In our Discussion Forum:
- Kai Richter, VP of Global Design – Concepts, gives a short preannouncement of what is planned for the next release of the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines which will reflect the improved features of SAP UI5 in the latest releases. The release of these guidelines to the public is planned for Q2. Together with the new version of the guidelines, SAP also plans to release a prototyping kit for Axure reflecting the corresponding state of the guidelines. Read more in this discussion: Getting support on SAP Fiori.
I hope you find this post of highlights useful, but keep in mind that it is not comprehensive of all the activity on the community during the last month. Checkout the SAP User Experience Community to discover the interesting contributions that I left out of this post!
Thanks for your interest in the SAP User Experience Community and please, join the conversation!