Dear IoT community,
your customer can Launch the Future of Industry 4.0 with SAP Connected Manufacturing rapid-deployment solution!
Visit SAP at the Hanover Fair 2015, April 13-17, 2015 (SAP RDS booth)
Why is Industry 4.0 a game changer?
Manufacturing in the digital world requires a new approach how to run the shop floor. the central Internet of things (IoT) keyword is Connectivity.
- Connecting machines (Operations Technology) and IT(Information Technology)
- Re-invent agility and flexibility in manufacturing processes (Batch size of One)
- Using IT intelligence to empower production workers
- Introduce smart products carrying information from design to recycling
- Increasing responsiveness to qualify companies and maximize business results in a new digital world
Why SAP rapid-deployment solution?
The rapid-deployment approach with SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS supports maximizing business results and optimizing production through implementing integration from ERP enterprise level to manufacturing execution.
- Address individual customer requirements through real-time “lot size of one” production in high-volume production scenarios
- Enhance shop floor operations by delivering automation functionality through efficient shop floor equipment integration and bidirectional machine communication (integration of shop floor to the top floor)
- Empower production workers through simplified and minimized manual interaction
- Improve quality of the assembly process by a real-time overview of all quality issues and activities via an intuitive and flexible web interface
- Improve assembly control through product visualization
- Gain new insights into the shop floor based on trends and prediction with HANA Big Data Intelligence
- SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) and SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) orchestrate the workstations by connecting ERP2PLC with Plant Connectivity (SAP PCo)
- Relevant Customer Segment: SAP Installed Base, dormant accounts, Net New
- Market Segment Scope: Customers running ERP using PP, MM, PM, QM, SAP ME. Package can be run globally. RDS available in English.
- Target Industries: All Discrete and Process Manufacturing industries (e.g. A&D, Automotive, Chemicals, Consumer Products, High Tech, IM&C, Life Science, Mill, Mining)
- Q2-2015 availability of SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS
- Q4-2015 availability as pre-assembled RDS in the Cloud Appliance Library (CAL)
- Planned for 2016 SAP Connected Manufacturing RDS for S/4 HANA
Enjoy the video on YouTube where the underlying case is described in detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Auifovjcc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
Find the showcase at HMI 2015 on SAP RDS booth: http://www.hannovermesse.de/exhibitor/sap-deutschland/Q323292
Contact: Bernd Haberscheidt (Package Owner): firstname.lastname@example.org
- „Meet the Expert“ sessions: http://events.sap.com/de-hannovermesse2015/de/agenda_glance_single_2?bc=5%252%250
- Run Simple Truck from April 13 – April 15: http://events.sap.com/de-hannovermesse2015/de/rd_agendaglance?bc=1%252%250
- Guided Tours: http://events.sap.com/de-hannovermesse2015/de/tours?bc=5%251%250
How to unleash Big Data added value
The integration to the SAP HANA Big Data Intelligence rapid-deployment solution provides a platform for the real-time analysis, aggregation and visualization of high volumes robot data of the above scenarios. SAP HANA Big Data Intelligence rapid-deployment solution enables your business to leverage semantic (unstructured), event stream and signal intelligence scenarios.
The solution provides predefined configuration and integration content for your choice of cloud, on-premise or hybrid deployments.
- Add Big Data intelligence to optimize outcome and resources from shop floor to top floor
- Leverage a holistic and integrated big data platform
- Monitor machine-to-machine communication and drive appropriate responses, such as repair and maintenance operations
- Analyze transformer load by geography, load spikes, and the resulting loss of life for transformers
Find more information here: http://service.sap.com/rds-bdi
Contact: Sreedhar Muthuramalingam, Jörg Wolf
RDS Rollout Lead