I am currently developing a concept on how to fulfill the requirements for the GST Audit File. While looking into it, I can understand why SAP is not delivering a standard solution until now, at least the information I have presently available as requirements from the RMCD (“GUIDE TO ENHANCE YOUR ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE TO BE GST COMPLIANT”) leaves some gray areas. For instance:
- Which vendor (“Purchase”) and customer (“Supply”) financial data to use. Open/cleared items, only items with tax codes, handling of manual repostings, etc.
- Is there a possibility for a test upload at RMCD to check the compliance of the extracted file?
- Is there a preference for XML or bar-separated files?
- Shall items on the lowest level of segments be duplicated, e.g. for a sales invoice with multiple products/services?
For the time being, I can work with assumptions and eventually clarify the items with the tax advisors. What is also an important design decision at the beginning is how to generate this report. I see the following two options:
- Creating a custom report fully from scratch;
- Using the Data Medium Workbench with Tree Type UMS1 to cover the most tax-relevant information. Items not covered in the source structure – like G/L data for the “LEDGER” segment – through user exits;
The question on top yet closely related to the two options is whether the data from existing tables and structures is to be used or to create proper DART extracts. This surely is more work but also offers extends the possibility for testing and archiving.
I am looking forward to your comments!