Enhancement packages give enterprises the flexibility to extend their SAP software by adding only those functions and technical improvements that they actually need.
|Introduced for ERP|
Activating Switch Framework (SFW5)
- Customers can activate the new business functions that they want to use via the Switch Framework
- Activating a business function triggers switches. The switch controls whether the switch controlled code is executed or not at runtime.
- The enhancement packages contain new functions for both generic and industry-specific processes. These new functionsare activated and usually delivered to customers every two years bundled with all the new and enhanced business software functionalities that SAP has delivered.
EHP7 — Overview
- 750+ business functions
- 650 business functions accumulated from prior EHPs
- 100 new business functions covering financial accounting, Logistics, HR, QM, and more.
- First EHP to be optimized for both SAP HANA and traditional DBs
- Reduce adjustment efforts required to migrate SAP Business Suite to SAP HANA in-memory platform
Top three functional Highlights:
- SAP Fiori productivity apps (The current collection of 25 role-based productivity apps in SAP Fiori empower end users to perform recurring daily tasks with enhanced speed and efficiency across devices – whether they’re working on a desktop PC, smartphone, tablet, or notebook. The apps offer role-based processes that are personalized for specific user groups in the organization and that are intuitive to operate. This means that users can complete all their tasks simply and conveniently in a single userinterface – no matter how many different SAP applications they work with.)
- Speedy MRP (Use SAP HANA Live to check on material availability and inventory days of supply in real time at exploded view level. There is also an option to perform ad hoc simulations. Leveraging these options makes it possible to speed up complex MRP runs and capacity planning dramatically.)
- Real-time access to ERP data ( The data aging objects for SAP Business Suite applications running on the SAP HANA in-memory platform make it
possible to efficiently implement a data aging strategy. This gives end users near-real-time access to data that is frequently required in day-to-day
operations – such as the financial results for previous years ).
- EHP 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 offers more than 100 new functions and is the first enhancement package to be optimized for both the SAP HANA database and the traditional certified databases
- The enhancement packages reduce the adjustment effort required for customers who subsequently migrate their SAP BusinessSuite to the SAP HANA in-memory platform
- SAP EHP 7 also includes numerous new functions for financial accounting, logistics, human resources, and quality management, as well as cross-application functions and improvements for SAP Master Data Governance and manager self-service (MSS)
Financial Accounting Functionalities:
- Reporting Using XBLR Standards ( XBRL is beneficial for reporting in financial accounting because certain authorities and institutions require enterprises to report information in this format.)
- As of SAP EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0, you could use a prepared enhancement to add additional account assignments, such as business area, segment, and profit center, that have not been assigned to past postings, but will have an impact on follow-on postings such as clearing, dunning charges, interest, and so on.
- Financial Data SOA (Service-Orientated Architecture)
( You can use this business function to create inbound services for data replication from Master Data Governance for Financials
(MDG-F) to Strategic Enterprise Management and BI-based
Business Consolidation (SEM-BCS). This enables you to distribute the master data for chart of accounts, accounts including hierarchies, and consolidation units including hierarchies.)
Master Data Governance – Financials.
You can use this business function to configure a governance process for your master data in Financials. The governance of the master data is centralized and is managed by an approval process. The changes can be replicated in the decentralized systems and are documented at all times.
4. Master Data Governance — Customers, Vendors
With the business function MDG_ERP_CUSTOMER_2, the following data sets are supported: Business Partner categories Person and Group Business Partner
Relationships (including Contact Persons). With the business function MDG_ERP_SUPPLIER_3, the following data sets are
supported: Business Partner categories Person and Group Business Partner Relationships (including Contact Persons).
6. FI-GL (New) Change in Leading Valuation: Business Functions: FIN_GL_CHNG_LEAD_VAL
In EHP7, SAP added a new business function to change the valuation of the balances, revenues, expenses,
7.FI-AA (New) Asset Accounting:
Business Functions: FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL
In EHP7, SAP introduced parallel valuation via ledger groupspecific postings instead of using delta depreciation areas. With the pervious new business functions, it is referred to as “New” Asset accounting.
Controlling New Functionalities:
- New roles for internal controller, project planner, and cost center manager in SAP NetWeaver Business Client software
- New planning applications for cost center, internal order, and project planning. New cost estimation application for projects. Entry of planning data by cost center, activity type, and cost element with planning functions for distribution from year to period.
- Enhanced express planning
- New master data applications with change requests
- New hierarchy maintenance, including inactive hierarchy functions
- Operational data providers
- Side panels for additional info on global user invoice transactions