In this blog I’d like to compare the available platforms for SAPUI5 development. The below table shows three systems with access to SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 and their features.
What is more, if you install Eclipse Juno you can use The Gateway Productivity Accelerator.
So, if you want to know:
- how to access each of these systems
- if the system allows you to create services
- if the system has a UI-Add-On 1.0
- if the system allows you to include a program on the server ABAP
- whether you have to pay for access to the system
you have to immediately read this blog!
About access to these systems:
SAP NetWeaver Gateway Demo System:
- Please refer to the Getting started with the SAP Netweaver Gateway Service Consumption System
ABAP Trial 7.02 SP11 Win 64 bit Version with Gateway 2.0 SP04
- To download please visit SAP Store.
- Search “ABAP Trial”
- Select “SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.03 64-bit Trial” from the list of found systems
- Fill in the form to download the software
- Open the e-mail with your device
- Click the link to install solution. Select ABAP Trial 7.02 SP11 Win 64 bit Version with Gateway 2.0
- To install please refer to the Master Guide.
- Please refer to the Installation Guide.
- You can also use Step by Step Installation Guide for SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 32-bit Trial Version.
SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.4 on SAP MaxDB
- Please refer to the SCN Trial Editions SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.4 with SAP NetWeaver Gateway.
- Also refer to the SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP and SAP Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA.
- Please refer to the User Guide.
|SAP NetWeaver Gateway Demo System||ABAP Trial 7.02 SP11 Win 64 bit Version with Gateway 2.0 SP04||SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.4 on SAP MaxDB|
|Hosting platform||Cloud provided by SAP||
|Cloud provided by Amazon Web Services|
|Possibility to create own services (1)||Impossible (User are not authorized to create)||Possible||Possible|
|UI-Add-On 1.0||Not available||Not available||Available|
|Deployment in ABAP server||Impossible (User are not authorized to create)||Possible (2)||Possible (3)|
|Cost||Free||Free||Paid (depending on the price of Amazon Web Services)|
- How to develop a Gateway Service using code based implementation
- ABAP Trial 7.02 SP11 Win 64 bit Version with Gateway 2.0 SP04 it’s possible only manually deployment. For more information please refer to the blog.
- How to deploy and run SAPUI5 application on ABAP Server in Eclipse.