About Fixed Assets in SAP Business One 9.0
How to work on Fixed Assets Master Data?
Asset Master Data
1) Create Assets Master Data (financial < Fixed Assets <Assets Master Data)
2) Better if you mention the Location of Assets in Assets Master Data.
3) Use OITM (Item Master) & ITM7 (Item Depreciation Param) to upload Fixed Assets Master Data Templates.
4) Create Asset Class / Depreciation Areas/ Depreciation type/ Useful Life of Assets, etc as imp details.
How to create / Upload Opening Balance of Fixed Assets?
Assets Opening Balance can be uploaded in two ways, either from A/P Invoice or from Capitalization = Opening Balance with
Depreciation (for old Assets maintaining in SAP better is capitalization as it will not effect vendor balance) and for New Assets go for
1) AssetValue Date is the Capitalization Assets Date = The Date of Assets Purchase by the company.
2) Use OACQ (header file) and ACQ1 (Line Level file) to upload OB.
3)OACQ format as below:
DocEntry = Internal key
DocNum= Capitalization Document number
Series= Internal key of series
PostingDate= Opening balance Date (yyyymmdd)
Status= P (posted)
AssetValueDate= capitalization/ Asset Purchase Date (depreciation will start from this date)
DepreciationArea= * (star) for all Areas
Reference = Put Location of Assets (If Required to get Location wize report)
4)ACQ1 format as below:
ParentKey (DocEntry) = Internal key as in header format
LineNum= Keep 0(Zero) if mentaining different document or Keep 0,1,2,3,4,5,…..ect if only one capitalization Document.
DocEntry= Capitalization Document Number (keep Same Number if Mentaining many Assets in one Document.
LineNumber = same as above second point in ACQ1
AssetNumber= Asset Master Code Number
Quantity = Qty of Asset
TotalLC= Value of Asset (should be in number format)
Thanks & Regards,