Cloud for Customer: Mass E-mail Activation
Since Mass E-mailing is sent through SAP’s e-mail infrastructure, for Marketing Campaign, one need to have this Mass E-mailing feature activated on their tenant. This document will explain how the Mass E-mail Activation is to be activated on your Cloud for Customer tenant.
These steps are also mentioned in SAP Cloud for Customer Help Center and Activation of Mass E-mail Activity under E-Mail and Fax Settings Fine Tune Activity, but thought of sharing it here publicly for those who haven’t explored it and might like to build it in their system.
Please note once the below mentioned steps are completed from your side, SAP might take minimum of 10-12 days to activate the Mass E-mailing on your tenant. So plan your mass E-mail activation and Campaign testing in your project accordingly.
Steps for activating the Mass E-mailing:
1. Decide the sub-domain which you would like to use as the Sender Address for Mass E-mailing.
Note: SAP highly recommends the usage of sub-domains instead of using the company domain.
For an example, it is recommended to use ‘news.bankarc.com’ instead of ‘bankarc.com’. So create your sub-domain accordingly.
2. For your sub-domain add the public DKIM key to your DNS (Domain Name System). Request your network administrator to perform this task. Follow below steps to complete this activity.
a. Create an entry for your sub-domain of your DNS with the following structure:
mailing._domainkey.[ subdomain ].[ domain ].[ tld ]
So for the above example Sub-Domain, an entry will be created with the structure,
b. Insert the below Text record for your sub-domain into your DNS.
1. Make sure there are no line breaks while inserting the above DKIM key to your DNS. It is spread on multiple lines in this documentation.
2. Documentation on Help Center for “Activation of Mass E-Mail” contains the public DKIM key and the steps above to add it on your DNS.
3. To test whether the DKIM is added on your DNS, follow below steps:
a. Go to http://dkimcore.org/tools/dkimrecordcheck.html on your browser.
b. Enter the values in the form that opens up.
Let’s consider the example we seen above. (mailing._domainkey.news.bankarc.com)
- Enter ‘mailing’ as your Selector.
- Enter your sub-domain where you have inserted your DKIM record. Here in our example ‘news.bankarc.com’
- Click on button ‘Check’
- If the DKIM key is inserted correctly, we would get the below message.
4. Repeat the above steps for all sub-domains in case if there exists more than one sub-domain which are to be used for Mass E-mailing.
5. Open the E-mail and Fax Setting Fine Tune activity and maintain all the sub-domains in the list on the view Activation of Mass E-Mail.
6. Once these steps are completed, inform SAP to activate the Mass E-mailing for your tenant for your sub- domains. To do so raise an incident for every sub-domain with the below subject and text.
Subject: Activate mass e-mail
Text: Activate DKIM sending process for sub-domain <your sub-domain>
7. SAP will check to confirm whether you have inserted the DKIM record for the sub-domain. If the entry doesn’t seem correct, they will reply to accordingly.
8. SAP also asks some basic information on your Mass E-mailing to enable it for you. E.g.
a. What is the mailing type? Alarm/ News/ Updates?
b. Who are the recipients? Customers? Partners? Interested people?
c. Estimated mail volume? i.e. estimated mails sent per month.
9. Once they confirm that you have performed all the pre-requisites to activate the Mass E-mailing, they initiate the Mass E-mail Activation for your sub-domain on your tenant.
10. After the activation of mass e-mailing, test it by creating a test Marketing Campaign to the recipients where you can check the delivery of the e-mail.
a. If the test e-mail was not delivered to the recipient’s mail box, re-open the incident.
b. If the test e-mail was delivered successfully, the activation of mass e-mail is completed.
— Share Knowledge to gain more Knowledge.