Government Getting Smarter at SAPPHIRE
Smart Government is not a new term; it’s been around at least since the early 2000’s. If so, then why is it such the topic of conversation across all levels of government globally? In a 2014 article, Gartner said “Smart Government integrates information, communication and operational technologies to planning, management and operations across multiple domains, process areas and jurisdictions to generate sustainable public value.” When you have day to day challenges to address and regulations to be mindful of, this model of smart government can be overwhelming. In the U.S. Federal Government, you only have to look as far as the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014. U.S. Federal agencies and departments are already spending significant time trying to understand the new requirements and how they will meet them by 2017. Complexity built up over decades hampers the ability to innovate; simplification is needed to unlock potential. But at SAP’s SAPPHIRE 2015 you will see how Smart Government customers are able to innovate, simplify and deal with regulations.
SAP has worked with all levels of government to help them become Smarter by removing complexity and helping them simplify to run at their best. Come and see the following federal departments and local governments share their Smart Government Stories:
- United States Department of Agriculture has recently become a designated financial management shared-services provider to help organizations implement processes and solutions to achieve fiscal stability goals and comply with federal requirements where they plan on leveraging technologies such as SAP HANA.
- United States Department of Interior has recently migrated its SAP infrastructure which includes (ECC, BW, Portal, BI, GRC, and BPC) to the Cloud for approximately 12,000 users. There are expecting significant savings and efficiencies.
- State of Indiana and the City of Henderson, Nevada will share their data decision and performance management approaches for reducing infant mortality and driving a quality initiative, respectively.
- Army and Computer Sciences Corporation will discuss how they are meeting the need for proactive decision making by using the power of the SAP HANA platform to process and analyze large volumes of operational data in real-time.
- Fulton County will present the benefits of real-time mobile support for education staff, and how the benefits of integrated search and security in the classroom can efficiently translate to the enterprise.
In addition to these customer presentations, there will be many other presentation, demonstrations and discussion focused on public sector specific
topics. You will also have a chance to meet your peers to share best practices and lessons learned. Lastly, you will have plenty of time to talk to the SAP solution experts who will be demonstrating software and can answer specific public sector questions.
Still need more reasons to join us at SAPPHIRE NOW? Check out http://www.sapandasug.com to learn more. Hope to see you all in Orlando, May 5-7.