The oil and gas industry is going through tremendous change, struggling to remain operationally effective while maintaining margins within an environment of fluctuating commodity prices. Oil and gas companies want to simplify their business processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness, protect margins, and overcome current market challenges. Today, companies struggle with this due to significant complexities such as:
- Increasingly complex and distributed asset portfolios, business partnerships, and ecosystem
- Massive volume of convoluted, continuously changing, mission-critical data across many silos
- Aging infrastructure and workforce running at capacity
Going forward, oil and gas companies must dramatically simplify the entire hydrocarbon value chain – from wells to wheels – to maximize margins and optimize financial risk while maintaining a sharp focus on their operational processes, best practices, and technology platform.
By running more simply, oil and gas companies are able to:
- Make better decisions through business insight gained from having processes integrated with holistic information, from forecast to revenue
- Move from a reactive to a proactive management style, with a focus on performance and metrics
- Create an agile workforce with a real-time, 360-degree view of customer and partner interactions
- Predict changing conditions and opportunities in the energy market, hydrocarbon supply chain, and operations
Shell has some great examples of simplifying their user experience to achieve greater adoption and efficiency. Click here to hear what Doug Webster, Global ERP Strategy Manager from Shell, has to say about the SAP User Experience (UX) Design Services, the UX strategy, and how SAP Screen Personas and Fiori have brought Shell more efficiency and a greater user experience.
We would like to know your views – drop in your comments @sapindustries.