Originally posted on SAP Analytics blog. Reposted with permission.
So you wanted to be in Las Vegas for the co-located Financials 2015 and GRC 2015 events (produced by SAPinsider, March 17-20, 2015), but for whatever reason you didn’t get the chance? Well, you missed something for sure – but not all of it. I bring you some highlights which you can still enjoy and experience after the event.
Location – A Cut Above
The Wynn Las Vegas was simply spectacular – not just for a European like me. If the U.S. border patrol welcomes you by saying “The Wynn is the best hotel in town,” you probably know that you made a good choice. In fact, since the SAPinsider team made that choice for me, I would like to thank you guys for choosing the proper location to host the conference. Not being onsite at the Wynn yourself is one of the few things you can’t make up for. Maybe some of my photos will compensate?
Standing Room Only Keynote by Thack Brown
Thack Brown, general manager and global head of LoB Finance at SAP, delivered a compelling keynote address titled “Simplifying Finance in an Increasingly Complex World.” He shared SAP’s vision of the modern finance department and how SAP Simple Finance helps CFOs and finance leaders to start their journey to business transformation with real-time finance processes. You can watch the keynote in full length (78 minutes).
Thought Leaders Panel with Celina Rogers and Bill McNee
Thought leaders Celina Rogers, vice president and editorial director at CFO Publishing, and Bill McNee, president and CEO of Saugatuck Technology, joined Thack for a panel discussion looking at the challenges and opportunities CFOs face today – and how SAP Simple Finance offers the agility and capabilities needed to address them. You can follow the panel discussion as part of the keynote replay (between 14:20-33:00).
SAPinsider Thought Leaders Keynote Panel: Thack Brown, Celina Rogers, Bill McNee
SAP Demos and SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA Announcement
Numerous demos were of course shown during many of the 200+ sessions. The ones you can easily recap, are the ones from the keynote. PS: This also includes the new SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA, which was launched officially at the event.
- SAP Smart Business, executive edition (45:00 by Martin Naraschewski)
- SAP Cloud for Planning (56:30 by Jason Reid)
- SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA (1:05:00 by Christian Mnich)
- Enterprise Risk Report, part of SAP Governance, Risk, and Compliance (1:11:50 by Kevin McCollom)
SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA demo by Christian Mnich.
Interviews with Customers, Partners, and SAP Experts
Meeting new people and networking with them is another thing I can’t compensate for. However, I sat down (or kept standing) with some of them – including SAP customers, partners and SAP experts – to record short video interviews. You can watch them on YouTube and thus e-meet some awesome people!
- Customer Journey to SAP Finance (Birgit Starmanns, interviewed by me)
- Simplifying Finance in an Increasingly Complex World ( Thack Brown & Henner Schliebs)
- Celina Rogers (CFO Publishing) on the Value-Added Finance Function (interviewed by Henner Schliebs)
- Anders Reinhardt (VELUX) on SAP HANA in Nontechnical, Plain English (interviewed by Henner Schliebs
- Protiviti and SAP on GRC Trends (John Livingood & Lane Leskela)
- All Things GRC from Strategy to Simple Finance (with Jochen Thierer)
- Transforming Finance with Instant Insight (Martin Naraschewski & Birgit Starmanns)
- SAP Cloud for Planning Showcased at #Financials2015 (with Karuna Mukherjea)
- Integrc and SAP on How Customers Approach GRC (Martyn Proctor & Thomas Frenehard)
- SAP Runs Revenue Accounting and Reporting (Mike Szabo & Pete Graham)
- IHS Uses SAP for Managing GRC (Diane Davis interviewed by Jan Gardiner)
- Overview: GRC/Financials 2015 Las Vegas Playlist
Here are some examples to give you an idea:
Celina Rogers, VP and editorial director at CFO Publishing, sat down with Henner Schliebs, head of finance audience marketing at SAP. She outlines the exciting opportunity for finance to transition from a traditional support function to strategic, forward-looking value-add activities and the evolving role of IT.
Jochen Thierer, head of development and product management for GRC applications at SAP, shares his event impressions, speaks on the strategy for future SAP GRC products, and explains how they fit into SAP Simple Finance.
Anders Reinhardt, head of global business intelligence within the VELUX Group, to reflects on a recent beyond-budgeting project that he led, and explains SAP HANA in nontechnical, plain English.
Thack Brown, general manager and global head of LoB finance at SAP, shares his perspective on how taking finance real-time with SAP Simple Finance is resonating big with the audience and what customers can expect in 2015 in regards to SAP Simple Finance.
Social Media Buzz
The rumor that the SAPinsider GRC 2015 and Financials 2015 events aren’t as social as the SAPinsider BI 2015 event didn’t prove to be true! Many people joined in the social media buzz – more than in any Financials or GRC event before. More than 4,000 Tweets were counted for both #Financials2015 and #GRC2015 hashtags through day 4 (March 20, 2015) alone with approximately 600 unique contributors. And the buzz still continues – on Twitter and the Analytics from SAP Facebook page (check out the photo album!). Why don’t you have a look yourself and join the conversation? #Financials2015 / #GRC2015.
Blog Posts – There’s Plenty to Read
Plenty of blog posts, written prior, during or post the event, are available for you to dig deeper into those topics that interest you most. Pick your favorites!
- Financials 2015 – Strong Interest in SAP Simple Finance (3/26 by Martin Naraschewski)
- Energy and enthusiasm … SAPinsider Financials 2015 (3/26 by Karuna Mukherjea)
- GRC Tuesdays: High Attendance and Momentum at #GRC2015 Las Vegas Promises a Great Year for SAP GRC (3/24 by Jerome Pugnet)
- Instant Insight Explained at Financials 2015 (3/21 by Birgit Starmanns)
- SAP Simple Finance – The HOT Topic at Financials 2015 (3/19 by Birgit Starmanns)
- Simplifying Finance in an Increasingly Complex World SAP Insider Keynote Notes (3/18 by Tammy Powlas)
- Let’s Get Social at #GRC2015 and #Financials2015!! (3/18 by Avery Horzewski)
- 5 Stories to Give You the Finance Buzz at SAPinsider (3/18 by Chris Grundy) / also appeared on CFOKnowledge
- GRC Tuesdays: GRC Technology Can Bring Much More than Compliance and Good Risk Management (3/17 by Jerome Pugnet)
- SAP Cash Management Powered by SAP HANA – Another Step Towards the Future of Finance (3/17, by Uwe Erdtmann)
- Tweet Your Photos at #GRC2015 or #Financials2015 for a Little Fun and a Chance to Win (3/13 by Avery Horzewski)
- GRC Tuesdays: What About Actionable Risk Reporting? (3/10 by Thomas Frenehard)
- Plan Simpler at SAPinsider (2/25 by Pras Chatterjee)
- GRC Tuesdays: What I Want to Do at SAPinsider (2/24 by Jan Gardiner)
- 10 Things to See and Do at SAPinsider Financials 2015 (2/19 by David Williams) / also appeared on CFOKnowledge
- Simplifying Finance in an increasingly complex world – outlook on Financials / GRC 2015 (2/17 by Henner Schliebs) / also appeared on CFOKnowledge
New SAP Simple Finance Heroes
Apart from all serious business, we actually had some fun at the conference, too! Besides the official photo contest, we gave attendees the opportunity to join the growing number of “Simple Finance Heroes” – by grabbing a t-shirt at the SAP booth and sharing a photo publicly. Four little call-to-action tweets resulted in nine photos, six personal “I’m proud to wear SAP #SimpleFinance because …” quotes and 110 earned mentions (retweets or favorites) on Twitter. People enjoyed it – and we’ve proven the fact that even something like Finance can become wearable (watch out, Apple!).
Some of the SAP-Simple-Finance-Hero Tweets during the conference:
- Proud SAP Partners: Protiviti, MI6Solutions, Harliett
- Proud SAP Employees: Andreas Niessen, Benno Eberle, Evelyne Salie, Heike Fiedler-Phelps, Judy Cubiss, Miho Birimisa, Uwe Erdtmann
Your Next Chance: SAPinsider Financials2015/GRC2015 in Nice
So you missed the Financials/GRC 2015 conference in Las Vegas? Despite this little recap and the available materials online (which I hope you enjoyed), you have a unique chance to experience a similar event in Nice, France, June 16-18: Financials 2015 and GRC 2015 will be co-located with BI 2015, HANA 2015, and HR 2015. Registration at one conference admits you to all five at no additional cost. An Early Bird discount is available until April 17, so register now!