SAP Design Studio SDK Maps (Part 4) – Maps with Bubbles and Maps with Plots
This is my 4th post related to mapping in the Design Studio SDK. Including this post, my last 3 are specifically related to vector-based maps using D3 and TopoJSON. I’ve taken the maps a step further to include a new layer in the Choropleth Maps, as well as a new component called Location Intelligence maps which allows you to plot by latitude and longitude instead of by geographical feature.
Below is a preview overview of what is now available from the SCN Design Studio SDK Development Community extension.
The focus for this iteration was placed on new functionality and additional bug fixes.
- New Features:
- New (optional) Bubble Measure property now available to your Choropleth Maps which means you can now visualize 2 measures, one by a quantile/quintile color scale for feature shading, and now a second linear scaled Bubble overlay based on a second measure.
- New Location Intelligence Map that when provided a Latitude and Longitude field, will place plot markers on the map. A third optional Title field can be given to show the title of the location when the tooltip is shown.
- More Maps – Added some more European country maps
- Maps used to not work when only one measure was in the data set. This was an unintentional bug now corrected.
- Manual Map Data changes can be done in text box and updates now in Design Studio.
- Fixed issue with maps that use diacritics. Design Studio property storage seems to have limitations on certain character set encoding.
- To Do:
- Location Intelligence Maps onclick event for plot markers.
- Optional Data-driven Marker Size by Measure (Effectively allowing a marker to become a Bubble)
What’s New for SDK Developers?
- Choropleth Map Component now inherits from a Base Map Class
- Location Intelligence Map now inherits from said Base Map Class.
View of 2 Location Intelligence Maps followed by 2 Bubble Overlay in Choropleth Maps:
This is available NOW from the SCN Design Studio SDK Development Community link.
Questions/Comments/Feedback always welcome.