SAP4 Planning Area Copy / Activate / Load
SAP sample planning areas can be very useful as a reference when one is performing modeling in IBP. They can also be leveraged when troubleshooting. In a two part blog I will outline how to copy the SAP4 sample planning area, how to activate it and finally how to load it with data, In this first segment, will outline how to copy and activate SAP4. Next time, in part 2, I’ll detail how to load the planning area with data in.
Ensure that you are at a minimum IBP server version of 220.127.116.11
PERFORM THE COPY:
In order to see the samples, go to the Planning Area and Details screen and select Display SAP Sample
In this example, I am copying SAP4.
1) Select SAP4
2) Click the Copy button
3) Select Advanced Copy
4) Enter SAP4 or however you’d like to name your new planning area
5) Pick an available Target Time Profile ID – I’m using 44
6) Enter S4 for source prefix
7) I’ve decided to stick with S4 for target prefix as well
8) Select Copy
Now change from Display SAP Sample to Edit Active and Inactive and you’ll now see SAP4 listed as inactive.
ACTIVATE THE TIME PROFILE:
1) Ensure that you have Edit Active and Inactive selected
2) Choose your time profile on the left
3) Since I’ll be using a 10 year time profile, I edit the description, Start Date and End Date as shown
4) Save the changes by clicking on the floppy disc icon
5) Select Activate and choose only your Time Profile (in my case 44) and click Activate
6) Confirm that the Time Profile now shows as active (you can monitor the log or just wait a few seconds and click the refresh button in the IBP Web Ui)
ACTIVATE THE MASTER DATA TYPES:
1) Navigate to the Master Data Types tab
2) Select S4COMPONENT
3) Select Activate
4) Select all the S4 objects. You will need to scroll on the right side to find them all
5) Select the Activate Dependent Master Data Types check box
6) Click Activate
7) It will take some time but once the activation has completed, you’ll see all the MD types with S4 prefix (example S4COMPONENT) will now be marked as active
Navigate to the Key Figures tab and ensure you have Planning Area SAP4 selected.
Select the Key Figure ADJUSTEDDEMAND. There is an error. If you look below, you can see that ADJUSTEDDEMAND is misspelled and missing a D.
Click the pencil to edit the calculation.
Edit the calculation to read as SUM(“ADJUSTEDDEMAND@PERPRODLOC”)
Click the check button and then ok.
The calculation should now look as below
Click the save button (floppy disc)
ACTIVATING THE PLAN AREA:
Now navigate to the Planning Area and Details tab and ensure that you have the SAP4 Planning Area selected. Click on the Activate button and then click activate again.
Your planning area should now be active
You can find part 2 HERE