We are certified with Windows 8 and Windows 2012 with the PC-Client 15.7 and the SDK 15.7 for SAP ASE. If you get any of the errors posted below, you are using an uncertified version of the software for these operating systems. You are best using the current versions of the software which I am listing. I have attached a link at the bottom of the page for the product versions with the EBF numbers for the Windows SDK for SAP ASE.
- For PC-Client use PC-Client 15.7 for SAP ASE SP130 which is EBF 23439.
- For the software developers kit use SDK 15.7 for SAP ASE SP132 EBF 23553 or higher.
These things should be installed first before you install the PC-Client or SDK.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package (x86) (You need this to run dsedit and ocscfg)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package (x64) (You need this to run dsedit and ocscfg)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package (x64) (if you don’t have this installed the PC-Client will throw up a screen to install this first)
Other things you should be aware of are:
- The EBFs are complete install packages starting with the SDK 15.5 packages so no base is needed.
- Please don’t let the ia32 in the title for the PC-Client bother you, this does include both the 32 and 64 bit software.
- When you install the 64 bit version of PC-Client or the SDK it does install the 32 bit version of the software.
- The only time you need the 32 bit is when your operating system is a 32 bit operating system.
- Make sure to right click the setup.exe and choose Run as Administrator from the installation.
These are the potential problems you can get with the uncertified software:
- KBA: 1861226 64 bit ODBC Data Source Administrator crashing on Windows 8 and 2012
- SDK 15.5 through SDK 15.7 SP100
- Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: odbcad32.exe
Application Version: 6.2.9200.16384
Application Timestamp: 5010a1b2
Fault Module Name: sybdrvodb64.dll
Fault Module Version: 188.8.131.521
- Fixed in SDK 15.7 SP110 or higher
- KBA: 2082988 Installation error 15.7 SDK windows 2012 R2
- problem SDK 15.7 base to ESD#5 fixed in SDK 15.7 ESD#6 and higher.
- Fatal Application Error: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit.(LAX)
ZeroGu2: Windows DLL failed to load
- Fixed in SDK 15.7 ESD#6 or higher