The Top 5 Life Sciences Topics You Should Not Miss at SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG 2015
Carving the way through the jungle of seemingly millions of sessions at SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG sessions for Life Sciences can easily become overwhelming; especially if you don’t want to miss the best of the best sessions.
To help everybody who is focusing on the pharma, biotech and medical devices industries to get started which sessions may be worthwhile to have a closer look at, here is my Top 5 List for 2015:
Top 1: Supply Chain Optimization and Track and Trace in Life Sciences
Complying with Serialization in Pharma and Unique Device Identifier (UDI) regulations are one of the highlights at SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG, as you can see in the following four recommended sessions:
- Discuss how to comply efficiently with regulations on product item serialization in pharmaceuticals and UDI of medical devices
- Is your serialization roadmap up to date?
- How AbbVie created a serialization platform
- How Medtronic achieves compliance with Medical Device UDI Regulations
Of course also the long-burning issue how life sciences companies can maximize their supply chain efficiency will be broadly discussed – here are some very nice examples:
- How to uncover inefficiencies or potential innovations in Life Sciences by analyzing supply chain Big Data
- AbbVie streamlined its global supply chain with SAP Global Trade Services
- How Thermo Fisher Scientific deployed SAP Extended Warehouse Management to multiple manufacturing and distribution centers
- How Hollister automated shipping and carrier selection in North America and Europe
- How CareFusion Automated Electronic Filing of US and EU Import Declarations
Top 2: Wearables, Connected Health, and the Internet of Things
Health wearables and the Internet of Things (IoT) have been hot in the press – and so SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG give this trend topic quite a little bit coverage as well. Discuss how you can become a front-runner with regards to improving patient outcomes through connected care, and how to take advantage of the IoT in manufacturing processes as well as in medical device maintenance. Maybe the following sessions even inspire you to find scenarios that nobody has considered before?
- How health wearables and the IoT can foster connections among patients, physicians, and life sciences companies
- A demo showing that IoT can not only improve manufacturing, but also ensure proactive maintenance of medical devices
- Discover the connected future with advances in mobile devices and wearables
- Best practices to leverage mobile apps, wearables, augmented reality, and improved consumer insights
- Successful business use cases for wearables
Top 3: Analytics for R&D and Faster Growth in Life Sciences
The more you know, the better your long-term strategy and your immediate actions are – better insights are a competitive advantage in a fast-changing and complex market environment like in life sciences. This year, we focus on how to use analytics for R&D in life sciences and on revenue forecasts at SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG.
- How to gain medical insight quicker and validate hypotheses effectively
- How Varian Medical Systems uses real-time analytics and usability for faster revenue forecasting
Top 4: Getting Closer to Life Sciences Customers, Partners and Suppliers
Multichannel communication including e-commerce is getting more and more important in life sciences with its huge number of market segments and continuously growing competition. Here are two sessions dedicated to this topic:
- How companies from consumer industries engage customers with a holistic and homogeneous experience across channels
Improving sales and service efficiency is also key to keep profits growing. The following sessions show two ways how life sciences companies can achieve this:
- Managing travel and expense spend in life sciences efficiently including mastering the US Sunshine Act
- How Cardinal Health improves customer service through real-time unfilled task reporting
On the procurement side, cost savings and supplier performance need to be maximized. Please find below some sessions that show how you can collaborate more effectively with outsourcing partners, and how to streamline a procurement core process – payments.
- How to find, on- and off-board, and manage performance of CxOs and a contingent workforce
- How J&J established a secure and integrated electronic payment system
Top 5: Improving Data Quality and IT Performance in Life Sciences
Last, not least, IT expert in life sciences will get the opportunities to share latest trends as well as dos and don’ts of their bread and butter business. Please find an excerpt below:
- How Varian Medical System boosted application performance with SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA in record time
- How Cardinal Health ensures high data quality
- Learn how Cardinal Health transformed IT Operations while improving relations with the business
- Cardinal Health modernized its enterprise architecture
- How Genentech optimizes strategic roadmap definition, portfolio prioritization, and transformational projects
- “Simply One” – a co-innovation from Roche and SAP that offers one portal for various browsers and devices
Now, It’s Up to You – Please Make Your Choice!
Let us know your thoughts via the chat below or feel free to contact us on twitter at @SAP_Healthcare, or to simply step by at the Life Sciences demo station!
We very much look forward to hearing from you, soon at to welcoming you at the event!