In conventional SAP, the form provided for the Dunning Letter is a sap script, whereas in SAP Best Practice, SAP has provided a smartform for Dunning Letter.
In this edition, I will share my findings in one of my SAP Best Practice imply project.
This blog is related to Dunning Letter config & coding from ABAPer prospective only.You may find some other ways also to do the same.
We have to follow below mentioned steps:
- Copy Smartform
- Config BTE
- Attach dunning form to Dunning procedures
- Coding for email
- Final Output
1. Copy Smartform
- Smartform for Dunning Letter – YBUS_FIMA.
- We just need to copy it into our Z* smartform and make the changes.
- This smartform has almost everything, you only need to add company logo & address
F Only catch here is the length of smartform name, it should not exceed 16.
- SAP Best Practice also provided the smart style YBUS_SFSTYLE, we can copy it and use it OR we can make the changes in it as well
2. Config BTE
- Transaction code – FIBF – Maintenance transaction BTE
- Click on Settings->P/S Modules->…of an SAP Application (check figure)
- Hit ENTER 2 times
- Check for Event 00001720 FI-FI (check figure)
- Change the FM to FI_PRINT_DUNNING_NOTICE_SMARTF
- Save it
3. Attach dunning form to dunning procedures
- Go to tcode FBMP
- Double click on Procedure 0001
- Click on Dunning texts (check figure)
- Enter company code 1000
- Change the form name to Z* dunning smartform for all the four levels OR if you have different dunning forms for each level, maintain those forms here for each procedure
- Save it
4. Coding for email
- There is standard BTE 00001040 provided by SAP which is called when dunning is running (F150). SAP has also provided sample function module SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001040 to indicate how to use this BTE. The FM imports I_KNA1 structure and return structure C_FINAA.
- Copy this FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001040 to Z*FM
- Here we have passed C_FINAA-NACHA = ‘I’, C_FINAA-INTAD = customer email id(check the coding)
- And also pass email Subject in C_ITCPO-TDCOVTITLE = ‘Reminder: Dunning Letter’
- For email body we have to create a text ID in SO10 as
- We need to attach this Z*FM to BTE 00001040
- Go to transaction FIBF. Settings-> Process Modules-> of SAP Application
- Add new entry with Process 00001040 FI-FI and FM as Z*FM created above
5. Final Output
- Transaction code – F150, click Dunn.history
- Next screen enter the values
- On next screen, select one entry and click on Display dunning notice icon
- Print preview
- On print preview screen hit … F3…will get a popup as
- Press Yes, it will trigger an email
- You can check in tcode SOST
- The above popup email id will appear automatically if it is maintained in the customer master