Skip to Content

This issue is reported by many customers.

A proper note will be created but I will also have it explained here as well.

So the situation is as follows. A user in the database has his password changed. Then the customer expectation is that when the dispatcher is restarted it should work again. This is wrong. You should change the password in exactly two places and regenerate the scripts in order this to take effect.

step1.PNG

1) If we are speaking about the RT user you need to change the JAVA RT properties first

step2.PNG

2) Then you need to change the Windows RT connection string

step3.PNG

3) Do not forget to press APPLY otherwise your changes won’t be saved

step4.PNG

4) Regenerate the scripts and then try to start the dispatcher it will be all fine now.

To report this post you need to login first.

3 Comments

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

  1. Matt Pollicove

    Todor, interesting.  I did not know that this was a major problem.

    I think it needs to be made clear that you are referring to the system database accounts, such as mxmc_rt and mxmc_admin.

    Matt

    (0) 
    1. Todor Boyadzhiev Post author

      That is correct Matt. We had several customers that complained about that and I figured out that they do not edit all password spots. We also created a SAP note. Thanks for pointing that out.

      (0) 

Leave a Reply