SAP and Google share a common vision to bring the needs of the enterprise together with Android’s collective innovation. That’s why SAP announced that the companies are working together on Android for Work, a program that is supported by Google and brings together device makers, application developers and management solutions, to provide CIOs with a secure, flexible, economical and consistent mobility platform.
By working closely with Google, SAP is helping to ensure that our customers around the world have the freedom to choose their own devices for work and that businesses can securely support the devices employees want. SAP sees Google Android for Work as a game changer. One of the main benefits is that people can securely use any device from any manufacturer (choice!). No more worrying about researching which model, OS or version of a device will be secure enough to meet enterprise standards. And even better, the employee’s apps, data, and settings aren’t touched by the enterprise admin at all – this is true separation of personal and corporate data.
In the SAP press release dated February 25th, we announced our participation in this program that will enable employees to securely bring their own Android devices to the workplace and conveniently switch between work and personal activities without relinquishing control of personal data. Integration with SAP Mobile Secure helps IT managers and developers manage and secure devices, apps and content across the diverse Android landscape while also supporting the development of applications and standard apps.
We’re focusing on ensuring customers can successfully manage both Android devices as well as apps. Our leading SAP apps will be ready for installation within Android for Work and those apps can be distributed via SAP Mobile Place, a brandable, localizable and secure enterprise app store.
For developers, we also support the Android operating system with the latest versions of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and its platform-as-a-service offerings including SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services, SAP Mobile Platform, and several hundred Android-based mobile apps.
More on Management
Android for Work lets you create a managed work profile on a device so that sensitive work data can be separated and secured from personal applications. As a Google Management partner, SAP provides SAP Mobile Secure, a single pane of glass for IT to manage all mobile devices. This solution allows our customers to take advantage of the common API framework across Android to dramatically reduce the complexity of managing multiple devices.
SAP Mobile Secure customers running Android for Work will be able to leverage the following:
- Full administration
- Managed Profile – secure and manage the work space on the employee’s Android of choice including remote wipe and lock
- Email, calendar, contacts and tasks – user simply opens and user work email
- Mobile apps – full control to deploy, update and remove managed apps in the managed profile
- Remote commands – Administrator can lock & wipe all enterprise content without affecting personal content or settings
- Profile settings – Control over passcode quality, copy/paste, screen capture, display timeout to enforce compliance
- Chrome settings – Manage proxy, url white/black list, cookies, bookmarks for secure browsing
- Wi-Fi settings – WPA2/WPA enterprise and certificates to manage access to secure resources
- Certificates – Silent installation of user and root certificates for security
- User management – Administrator sets up Single Sign On to make user management simple, secure and easy for mobile users
- PIM app suite – Deploy and manage email, calendar, contacts and tasks apps
- Exchange settings – Create and assign email policies to automatically configure email for mobile users
- Email security – Manage SSL and user certificates