How to add doctype to your login page
Since HTML5 adoption is really high I heard from several customers that they would like to have an HTML5 based login page.
Out of the box the SAP Enterprise Portal doesn’t give you the configuration to add the needed doctype attribute in order to allow HTML5 login page.
This blog will help you to add the doctype attribute to the document, so lets get started..
* The procedure described will work for all versions higher than the version stated in this SAP note 1713259
1) Under the content catalog, copy from Portal Applications -> com.sap.portal.runtime.logon -> certlogon and paste as PCD object in a folder under “Portal Content”.
2) Edit the permissions of the newly created iView add the Group Everyone with both Admin read and “End User” checked.
3) Edit the iView using the support PCD Inspector tool and add to it a String property with id ” com.sap.portal.prt.html5.compliant” and value “true”
4) Apply SAP steps 2a, 2b, 2c from note “1713259 – PRT support for HTML5 doctype” Setting the PRT html5.compliant property to “iViewDependent “
create your own authscheme.xml file in the custom file replace the entries
” <frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.certlogon</frontendtarget>” with “<frontendtarget>pcd:portal_content/<your folder>/certlogon</frontendtarget>”.
6) Restart the whole cluster for the authscheme.xml configuration to take effect.
And that’s it, your’e done.
Now your logon page will have the HTML5 doctype declaration in a standalone scenario.