This post will be used for ongoing SAP customer communications related to SAP Integrated Business Planning upgrades. For Upgrade Process and Communication information please see this link.
2017 Planned Upgrades:
- SAP IBP 1705: Applied to Customer Systems May through July 2017
- SAP IBP 1708: Applied to Customer Systems August through November 2017
- SAP IBP 1711: Applied to Customer Systems November through January 2017
Specific schedule of customer system updates will be communicated via email.
Upgrade NOTIFICATION for SAP Integrated Business Planning:
As part of SAP’s continued commitment to provide you with high value applications, we will be upgrading SAP Integrated Business Planning 1608 systems to SAP Integrated Business Planning 1611.
- For more information on the new features please see What’s New in 1702
- “What’s New” webinar.
- Release restrictions note 2403134.
- Upgrade Window: Friday 10 PM Local Time (EST/CET) to Monday 3 AM Local Time (EST/CET)
- Expect your systems to be unavailable during this period. This is consistent with the contracted maintenance windows.
- SAP will apply this upgrade from March 2017 through May 2017.
Activation of Planning Area:
- Generally, you do not need to reactivate your planning areas when you upgrade. However, you may have to reactivate to take advantage of certain capabilities. Please review What’s New in 1702for more information.
- For additional activation guidance, please review the application help. If you have an issue please file a support ticket.
- The upgrade generally does not require that you install the new version of the IBP Excel add-in. You can decide to install the new version at any time. For example, when you wish to use the new features that are available with the new add-in version. For more information, see What’s New in 1702.
- Customers can download and install the latest Excel add-in version on the support portal. For more information about restrictions related to the IBP Excel add-in, please check SAP Note 2403134.
- To apply the latest version of the Excel add-in, please uninstall your current Excel add-in and re-install the new Integrated Business Planning Excel add-in. For more information on how to install the Excel add-in see Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Administrators) and Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Business Users).
- For guidance on packaging and deploying the Excel add-in to end users, please see SAP Note 2114654.
- For supported configurations and prerequisites, please see SAP Note 2135948.
Activities by end-user after the upgrade:
- End-users need to clear their browser cache
- SAP recommends that customers delete old transports after every upgrade.
- Note: Transports must be transported between systems at the same version level.
Questions? Who you should contact.
- For scheduling, please contact email@example.com or your development support contact.
- For application and technical support, please use standard SAP support (support.sap.com).