SAP Fiori Launchpad Joins HANA Cloud Platform Trial
Note: SAP HANA Cloud Portal was renamed to “SAP HANA Cloud Platform, portal service” in May 2016. In this blog the name “HANA Cloud Portal” is still used.
We are pleased to announce that Fiori launchpad is now available for all HANA Cloud Platform trial users. The Launchpad is available as a site in Cloud Portal, and provides range of services, including navigation, application configuration, and embedded support.
Note that the manual activation of the SAP Fiori launchpad is not necessary anymore. The Fiori launchpad is fully integrated into Cloud Portal, and when you enable the Cloud Portal, the Fiori launchpad is also available with no additional manual steps.
As you are probably aware, we’ve moved the Cloud Portal role creation and assignment procedure to HANA Cloud Platform (for more details, see this blog). The Administrator role for Cloud Portal is now defined as TENANT_ADMIN in HANA Cloud Platform; it is applicable for both Cloud Portal and Fiori launchpad
In addition, there is no limitation on the number of Administrators you can assign to your trial account.
To assign Administrators:
- Open the HANA Cloud Platform cockpit.
- In the navigation menu at the left, click Services.
- In the SAP HANA Cloud Portal entry, click Configure Roles.
- Assign the TENANT_ADMIN role to one or more groups or individuals.
To create your first Fiori launchpad site :
- Log on to Cloud Portal.
- In the Site Directory, do one of the following:
- Click Add > Fiori Launchpad.
- Click the card with the cross and in the dialog box, select Fiori Launchpad from the dropdown list.
- Enter a name and description for the site, and click Create and Open.