Unplanned landed costs in Business ByDesign
Since many customers have requirements for landed costs, we would like to describe the ByDesign features, that could help to deal with that.
Use case: The company wants to consider additional costs like transportation or customs, when calculating the inventory valuation for purchased materials.
As a prerequisite set the ‘Perpetual Cost Method’ of the purchased products to ‘Moving Average’ in the material master (Valuation tab).
A: In case costs like transportation are invoiced by the same supplier in the same invoice as the procured goods, please do the following steps:
1. Manually add an item to the invoice. Just enter a description like ‘Transportation’. It is not necessary to specify a quantity or a price. A net amount is sufficient.
2. Mark the checkbox ‘Distribute Additional Costs Proportionally’ in the ‘Cost Distribution’ tab of that item.
3. Post the document.
4. Execute the GR/GI Clearing Run.
B: Now in case a separate invoice for transportation costs is sent by the same supplier or another business party (freight forwarder or others), do the following steps:
1. Create a supplier invoice with an item. Again, a description like”transportation” and a net amount is sufficient.
2. Click on ‘View All’ and change the item ‘Type’ to ‘Additional Cost Debit Item’.
3. In the ‘Cost Distribution’ tab click on ‘Distribute among other invoices or credit memos’. In the respective pop-up enter a purchase order id or a customer invoice id and click on ‘Distribute’. This adds referenced invoice items that should be corrected (in the sense of adding additional charges). The result of this distribution is displayed in the table on bottom of the cost distribution tab.
4. Post the document.
5. Execute a GR/IR Clearing Run.