SuccessFactors Employee Central,a modern, state-of-the art cloud solution for core HR operations, has gained great momentum; more and more customers are moving to a SaaS model in the core HR area and taking advantage of fast update cycles, reduced IT infrastructure costs, and the like.
Changing the core HR offering implies that HR master data, such as employee name, personnel identifier, user, and so on are now stored in SuccessFactors Employee Central. Naturally, the next question that comes up is often:
How do other solutions (whether they are part of the SAP ERP solution portfolio or are other SAP cloud solutions, SAP partner solutions, or are even non-SAP solutions) integrate with SuccessFactors Employee Central?
Today in the market, there are various vendors that provide and support business applications for payroll, time & attendance, benefits etc. It becomes increasingly essential for customers to integrate the systems for a seamless business process.
SAP has taken the lead to help its customers reduce the cost, risk and time involved for these integrations and thus accelerating the ‘time to value’ for a company.
In the Full HCM model, customers who run their core HR functions in the cloud, integrations with 3rd party business application vendors is essential and can be tedious, costly and time consuming as this involves design, development and maintenance.
With Standard Template integration, SAP has answered these concerns faced by the partners and customers for integrating SuccessFactors Employee Central with 3rd party payroll, time & attendance, benefits providers.
The key benefits of using template methodology for application integration is that it is easy to work with and extendible with high quality and elegance.
- Templates are designed after extensive study on dats from HR-XML and other industry standards and best practices
- Easy to adapt and extend, hence reducing integration time and cost up to 80%
- Extract routines to suit diverse vendor implementations
- Prebuilt API queries needed for different extractions
- Supports different file formats and API formats used by different vendors
- Supports localization of country information and address
- Supports error handling, notifications & recovery
The data is transferred exclusively using enterprise application integration (middleware) technology. The current data extraction middleware is DELL Boomi. Future releases will be supporting HCI middleware.
Available Templates for Integrations
- Benefits: Employee Central to 3rd party Benefit providers
- Time & Attendance: Employee Central to 3rd party Time management
- Payroll: Employee Central to 3rd party Payrolls
Steps to perform
- Access process library in DELL Boomi
- Install the process library
- Extend the standard integration template as per customer needs
- Filter the required data for outbound extract
- Setup the integration extension properties
- Deploy and schedule the file extract
For up to date information on Standard Templates for integration, please visit: http://help.sap.com/cloud4hr
For Partners sessions, please visit: https://partneredge.sap.com/en/library/education/products/emp_mng/hcm/about/lsn/e_il_rs_sfst_12540.html
For any questions regarding Standard Template integration, please do not hesitate to contact the following people.
Yamini Polisetty – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Handel Bailey – email@example.com
Vivek Das – firstname.lastname@example.org