Blog It Forward – Umashankar Poojar
Namaskara is my regional way of wish others with respect and gratitude.
My dad named me as Umashankar and give an identity and Poojar is my surname. I’m an Indian born in India, Karnataka state, place Davanagere.
My school, graduation and post-graduation is from Davangere . Even though names of school, college are different but all were run by a Bapuji Education Association.
You might be wondering what is Bapuji mean, it is the name given to Mahatma Gandhiji from people of India, who fought for Independence for India and got it on 15th
After my post-graduation – Master of Computer Application in the year June 2006 from B.I.E.T Davangere, came to Bangalore in search of Job. I’m fortunate enough to
of SAP knowledge.
BHARATH is the official name of India, which is name after last emperor of MAHABHARATHA ( a great epic of India, succeeded by another epic RAMAYANA). Search
in google for more information since the blog is not enough to speak about my country and these epics.
My hometown – Davangere in Karnataka state of India.
It was famous for Cotton Mills but now it is for textiles and cloth merchants. Also it is not complete without mention of Davangere Benne Dosa (Butter Dosa), Chilli
Bajji (a fried snack prepared using Chilli and Gram flour) and Oggarne Mandakki ( a snack prepared using puffed rice). These dishes are very popular through out
Karnataka and people are fond of these. Don’t forget to taste these if you get a chance to visit my hometown ;-).
· If you were 20 again, what would you study?
Master in Business Administration from Indian Institute of Management OR Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology.
· Which 3 things do you absolutely want to achieve in life?
1. Be a good son to parents, good partner for spouse, best parent to my son :-). Most important one is to be a good human being for society
2. Become an asset to a company not just a expense.
3. Become an expert Guitar Player and Flute Player.
· If you could be a super hero (or are in your spare time) who would you be?
India’s superstar Rajanikanth (especially ROBO – to solve issues in a minute and read a book in a second hahahaha). Imagine if you are a ROBO and implement SAP project in a day and be a top of SAP World. Let me stop imagination 🙂
· What do you enjoy most in your work and why?
Solving Problem/Issues of Customer, why because that is for what I’m being paid 🙂 . To be frank, solving customer problem makes them happy which in turn makes profit for company.
· Recommend resources of information that helped you in your work
· What do you think are the key elements for a successful project?
Knowledge and team members (helping each other) to achieve one goal (to make successful project).
· If you were not in your current position, what/where would you be and why?
I would be in my hometown teaching at university OR enter into politics to serve people.
Answers for Loed Despuig from BIF
1. What do you usually do when you are at home?
Cooking, Reading book (currently reading MOJO), Play Guitar and Playing with my Son – Atharv
2. Which do you prefer: (A) jack of all trades, master of none, or (B) jill of all trades (kidding.. 😀 ) – master of one?
B is my option, because you should know everything to handle a team and be a master of one to survive in the SAP world.
3. What is/are your favorite sport(s) or online game(s) which you are addicted to?
To be frank no favorite sports or online games. I like watching football and cricket (only final matches OR when India plays against strong team).
Blog It Forward:
·What is your suggestions to new SCN members?
·How you would like to spend 1 Million dollars in a day?
·Imagine if you were born again OR given a chance to re-write your life, then what/how you would make your life meaningful?
To know more details on the Blog It Forward Challenge, check out more info here: Blog It Forward Community Challenge.
If you wish to join the challenge and haven’t been tagged by anyone yet, list your details here for someone to invite you: Blog It Forward- Request to Join Table
Cheers! Thanks for reading my blog.