The focus of the EAM Simplification was (and is) on enhancing the WebUI with new and rich functionality as well as using the newest features of the underlying WebDynpro ABAP technology.
These improvements simplify the work of the users and enable maintenance planners and maintenance workers to use the EAM Web user interface to do their jobs more efficiently.
To find all the details on adjusting/enhancing the WebUI Applications to your users’ needs SAP created a “How to”-guide (EAM Web UI Implementation Guide EHP7).
The Version 2.0 (from August 2014) already covered:
- How to get started with the SAP Web User Interface
- How to change the Web Dynpro Configuration
- How to adapt applications and how to personalize on user level
- How to configure POWL e.g. to add fields or user actions
- How to use side panels in the SAP EAM Web UI
- Which BAdIs and User Exits are available
The new version 2.5 covers, in addition
- object based navigation and launchpads
- how to adjust the asset viewer
There is the opportunity to discuss all relevant EAM topics with the SAP experts during the upcoming SAP-Centric EAM Conference, in Huntington Beach, CA, US on March 8-11th, 2015 – find details here!